68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 ~Coxy Any luck routing the mail port to...
Author Topic  
catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 20 Sep 2002 :  10:20:43
Da Peinguins Server?

-Danny
"Windows(win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2002 :  06:13:10
Well, it bascially comes down to:

the domain is hosted as a package deal, with an invisible frame redirect-dealy. I think the best option is to wait until the domain gets reregistered, but this time attach it to somebody's server to do mail, unless someone wants to enter into negotiations with the domain company.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2002 :  19:32:11
Well, just as an update, I got some good news in terms of "usability."

Catsdorule, you will probably be the only person doing this, seeing as how your the only other person who uses my mail server (has it been working fine, other than the "constant new mail error"?). Anyhue, to the point:

I now have webmail !!

Yeppers, or atleast should.

Head over to webmail.torpedobird.com and *hopefully* your addy and password will reveal your mail!

I could have just emailed you privately, but I thought id stir public interest!

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2002 :  19:39:31
quote:

Catsdorule, you will probably be the only person doing this, seeing as how your the only other person who uses my mail server (has it been working fine, other than the "constant new mail error"?). Anyhue, to the point:

I now have webmail !!

Head over to webmail.torpedobird.com and *hopefully* your addy and password will reveal your mail!

http://webmail.torpedobird.com/

You caught my interest, sounds cool T-bird! What addy and what password and how do you sign up?

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2002 :  20:04:30
quote:

I now have webmail !!

~The Penguin

There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |

Yeah its awsome thanks for the webmail! and it's funny when I updated to 10.2 the "new mail error" is gone! Wohoo!

-Danny
"Windows(win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  13:08:23
Just drop me an email with your desired username and password and I'll set it up for you, I'm still working on an "atuomatic" sign up system, I can only do so much [:-P]. Also, ~Coxy says 68kmla.com can't route the mail as of now, so its going to be username@68kmail.no-ip.org for now, just fyi.

~The Penguin

| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |Go to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.