All Forums
 Lounge
 68k Pizza Box dreaming
Author Topic  
Kady Mae

USA
261 Posts
Posted - 18 Sep 2002 :  09:03:51
I have a miserable rotten cold. I'm taking sudafed. Sudafed has mild psychotropic effects on me and futzes with my sleep cycles.

For the past 3 nights I have been having some seriously wierd dreams involving 68k pizza boxen and Springdale, Nevada.

(Springdale nevada is a cluster of 5 or so ratty single wide mobile homes about 20 minutes outside Beatty, Nevada. It would actually be kind of pretty, but for the fact that around these homes, filling the adjacent little tiny green meadows, are decades worth of broken down cars, motorcycles, and equipment of any kind -- dishwashers, washing machines, driers, water coolers, water heaters.)

For some reason I must get to Springdale with the LC 475 I have tucked under my arm.

68K's liberated: 4
68Ks adopted to loving homes: 2
PowerMacs adopted: 1

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 18 Sep 2002 :  09:18:26
-snikers- Nah I`ve never had a dream with a 68k they`re more of a hobby to me plus I use them for school .

-Danny
"Windows(win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 18 Sep 2002 :  14:17:13
Don't worry...i'm always having weird 68k dreams....last night i dreamt that i found out that i could put a PB5xx series PC Card Cage into my PB145B, so i went to the Shop, and bought theirs. I got back to the dorm, put it in my 145B, as well as a PCMCIA ethernet card. All was going well, until i found out that the ethernet card i was trying to use was actually a CardBus card. I took the PC Card Cage and ethernet card back, and i woke up.

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

akshaysardessai
Starting Member

India
9 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  02:00:48
Hey, I've got an old LC-III + StyleWriter II that I (read my folks) purchased back in '91 for a small fortune. In '95 I officially inherited the piece, and followed thru' with 32MB RAM and a 256k VRAM SIMM (16bit colors). A SyQuest EzFlyer 230 soon followed, as did a 33.6kbps dial-up modem, and an Aiwa ACD-300 external CDD (this is a real kewl CDD, with an LCD screen, digital equalizers, ...). All this was stashed in the attic following my latest acquisition, an iBook. However, almost a year n half later, just out of sheer boredom, I reassembled the LC-III, and hey, my ol' trustworthy companion of the last 10 years, reassured me with the familiar startup smile. I suddenly realised what I'd missed out in the iBook... no longer did I have 3D themes (Kaleidoscope), nor animated icons (Kineticon), nor magnetic windows (Sloop Rudder), nor the bell n whistle sounds (Kaboom), nor the cute robber (UnderWare 2.0)...

Just think about it... I had more fun with a 10 year old Mac, than the latest state of the art iBook. Newayz, its earned a permanent place on my desk, with Mac OS 7.6.1 & ClarisWorks 4.0

Is this liberation or what?

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  02:16:35
quote:

For the past 3 nights I have been having some seriously wierd dreams involving 68k pizza boxen and Springdale, Nevada.

It's spreading - I dreamed of an LCIII I was continuously trying to brush the dust off, but it kept re-settling again just as thick as before. I must have been dusting for hours...

dana

Quadra 605 Obsessions
Go to Top of Page

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  02:56:22
I had a simillar problem awaiting the arrival of my cube. I now refer to it as "Cube Fever" it's the closest thing I've had to a new computer, as in it hadn't been out of production for over years.

I just tried to sleep through the days until it was ready to be collected in an atempt to make time go faster It was unbearable it probably lasted for 10 days or so in the end, my g/f found me particularly difficult to live through during that time. It couldn't say anything without mentioning "The Cube"

Go to Top of Page

SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  06:31:15
<Attempts to apply pseudo-Freudian dream analysis to dreams>

I fear that the first instance of dreaming, taking an LC475 to somewhere full of scrap and old unwanted stuff might indicate something in your subconcious making you wan to rid yourself of it. Alternatively your depressed state may be seeing yourself surrounded by adversity and neglect with only your Mac as company.

As for Dana, this might be a reflection of something in your life that might be frustrating you or becoming tiresomely repetative, perhaps somebody or something you can't get rid of or that won't leave you alone.

As for me my most vivid memory is that under times of exam stress I used to have drams about all my teeth falling out. Apparently this is a sign of being very worried about a person or task - no crap Mr. Freud....

--
Mark Benson

FlatPackMacs http://fpm.gotdns.com

2nd Lieutenant - 68kMLA, LC Quartermaster
Flat Packing Macs for 68k MLA airlift excercises
Macs Liberated = 14!Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  07:36:22
quote:

As for Dana, this might be a reflection of something in your life that might be frustrating you or becoming tiresomely repetative, perhaps somebody or something you can't get rid of or that won't leave you alone.

I am obsessed with pizzaboxes. they are overtaking my flat, and there is not a room in the place without a stack of them somewhere.

dana (I think I hear one calling me now..)

Quadra 605 Obsessions
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  08:10:58
quote:

As for Dana, this might be a reflection of something in your life that might be frustrating you or becoming tiresomely repetative . . .

what part of life doesn't get to be that way?
quote:

I am obsessed with pizzaboxes. they are overtaking my flat, and there is not a room in the place without a stack of them somewhere.

dana (I think I hear one calling me now..)

it's saying: take me and 5 of my little monofeet friends and build two beach lounge chairs for the deck!

banandanabeadingdong!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  08:26:46
Hmmm... and with solar panels on each of those deckchairs...

:)

dana (bet I'll dream of solar stuff tonight)

Quadra 605 Obsessions
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.