68ks in Wired
Author Topic  
Squibix
Starting Member

45 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  07:37:58
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,55153,00.html

quote:
Devan Simunovich is a one-man Macintosh retro revival movement.

The 24-year-old San Francisco designer is an avid collector of old, all-in-one Macs. He has about 50 Mac Classics, Mac SEs and SE/30s.

But he's not keeping his passion to himself. He often lugs carloads of his machines to raves and other events, setting up vintage gaming lounges or video walls made from compact Macs stacked atop each other.

Over the last couple of years, Simunovich has set up his c-trl lounge installations at numerous parties, raves, gallery openings, fund raisers and the occasional corporate shindig.

The article even mentions (and links to) Fritter, LEM and System 6 Heaven, but there's nothing about the 68kmla! Who's in charge of press relations around here?!

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  07:58:52
HAR!™ If YOU only had about 50 compact macs in your collection, were trying to make some money renting it as a novelty item and somebody was researching an online article about YOU as a "One-Man Macintosh retro revival movement", would YOU point them at this motley crew?

:rolleyes: Methinks NOT!!!!!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  12:44:12
This guy's 68k hotline server (running on an se/30 was the first 68k server I ever went to and downloaded A/UX. Just a sidenote...
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced LEFTENNANT, dangitt)
Protector of the abandonned toastermacs
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, and a Quadra 650

Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PowerMac 8600/300Go to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  13:14:03
I too would be wary of pointing ppl here.

We are all very open & free & quite alot could be misconstrued(I feel).

We are an army! lol with what order?

shaktiman

Quadra 840av 128MB ram 2MB vram cd drive(caddy),1 caddy!:-)1.44 floppy drive,inject :-(1.2 gig drive
2 monitors 15" & 14" os 8.1 56k modem Stylewriter 1200 Zodiac speakers Umax 1220s scanner
3 year old son!Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  13:52:35
That Transcinema organization seems pretty bitchin'. I need to get involved with that...too bad it's way up in the Bay area!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  15:05:13
I semi agree with shaktiman. Our forums are very loose and not really an rgiization. HOWEVER, i think we have one hell of a website that can show you what you need to know, or tell u some place that does. If all else fails, ask in the forums and you will have an answer in a day or too.

On a side note: Have we tried doing much in the physical sense other than merchandise? I was just wondering if there was somethign we were missing that would show us off a bit more...

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.