68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Shogun - My Own Private 7500 - For Sale...?
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  20:03:14
This 7500 will not actually be for sale until after I get an eMac and transfer all the data off of the 7500's drive to the eMac. This has been updated to reflect parts that have already been reserved.

Specs:

RAM:
* 256MB of RAM (2x 128MB RAM DIMMs)

Processor:
* Sonnet 233MHz 604e w/ Sonnet 512k L2 cache

Onboard VRAM:
* 2MB (2x 1MB DIMMs)

Internal drives:
2.02GB (formatted) Western Digital 7,200 rpm SCSI-3 hard drive (20MB/sec max)
1.44MB floppy
Apple OEM 4x CD-ROM

Input devices:
* Apple Design Keyboard (painted black)
* Kensington Orbit 2-button trackball (painted black)

Monitor:
* Apple Multi-Scan 1705; 1024x768 max res. Perfect CRT, no flaws whatsoever.

Software (partial list, email me for a more complete one):
MacOS 9.1 (will also include original, retail copy of OS 9.0.4 for backup)
Apple Final Cut Pro 2
AppleShare IP 6.3
Adobe Photoshop 6
Adobe Image Ready 3
Adobe Illustrator 9
Adobe Premiere 6
Adobe After Effects 5.5
DigiDesign ProTools 5.1 Free
Macromedia Dreamweaver 4
Macromedia Director 8.5
Macromedia Fireworks 4
Macromedia Flash 5
Macromedia SoundEdit 16 2.0
Microsoft Office 2001 (complete)
Propellerheads ReBirth 2.1 w/ neccessary disk image
QuarkExpress 5 Beta
Quicken Deluxe 2002

Other nifty software:
Registered versions of Kaleidoscope and PowerWindows

Price: $150

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net

Edited by - cinemafia on 19 Sep 2002 18:31:30

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  21:03:48
I'd be interested in the 21gb hd (Uggg, there's never enough space ). I've been looking at them on ebay for awhile now. Of course the ram would be a good thing too. If you could, email me with what you'd be looking for. Hmmmn, I could use a price on the monitor as well. You'll have to give me seperate prices because I rather doubt I could afford it all at once and I'm kind-of hesitant on the hd. The software alone that you must have on it is worth more than you're asking for the whole system and all I really need is the space.

"One slip and down the hole we fall"
Check out the new forum on the block at: http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  07:22:29
Okay, I recant, $450 seems like too much. I'lll let everything go for $375. Also, I forgot a few extras: You also get a pair of Yamaha YST-M7 powered speakers, 1x 100MB Zip Disk, 1x 1GB Jaz disk (doesn't work, however), and a copy of Yellow Dog Linux 2.0 (the newest version of YDL that will run on it) on CD.

Also, the 21GB hard drive is 5.25" and full height, so in order to fit it inside the 7500, I had to remove the original floppy, CD-ROM and plastioc drive shelf. I will include the original 4x CD=ROM, 1.44MB floppy and the drive shelf with theh unit. Or, if you do want the hard drive, Stryder, I will put the floppy, CD-ROM and drive shelf back in it so I can sell it seperately.

Here's a few parts prices, Stryder:

RAM = $30 each

Hard drive (21GB 5.25" full-height) = $75

Monitor = $45

Edited by - cinemafia on 19 Sep 2002 18:33:07Go to Top of Page

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  08:40:24
If no one ends up taking you up on all of Lot 2, I'm interested in the Sony monitor...just thought I'd get my foot in the door on that...

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ 68k Macs liberated: 3}
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  09:25:35
YEPPERS, I'll take that drive! It shold fit fine in my 8600 case. I"ll take at least one stick of ram too. How far in the future do you estimate the switch-a-roo. I use my rent money to fund Mac purchases, so the longer it takes you, the more I may buy

Check out the new forum on the block at: http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  12:33:57
quote:
YEPPERS, I'll take that drive! It shold fit fine in my 8600 case. I"ll take at least one stick of ram too. How far in the future do you estimate the switch-a-roo.

Okay, I'll reserve the 21GB drive and one 128MB stick of RAM for you, and that'll be $105 not including shipping. I won't be able to ship until after October 12th, so hold onto your cash for now.

quote:
If no one ends up taking you up on all of Lot 2, I'm interested in the Sony monitor...just thought I'd get my foot in the door on that...

I'll keep you in mind, but I'd like to keep it together for now.

For the rest of you, Lot Number One is now the same only with 256MB of RAM, a single 2GB hard drive, and the 4x CD-ROM and floppy drive back inside the unit. Also, the price has now dropped from $375 to $270 for everything.

Go to Top of Page

ThePowerToBurn

USA
106 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  15:30:44
Hey, am I the one that you are refering to about the USB card? If so, then how much were you willing to let it go for?
On a side note, are you still having problems with your server? Do you know when you will have it up and running?
On a side side note, a finally got my hands on a 8.5 install cd for my AIO, but it did not fix the sound. Any other guess on what could be wrong?

Flower Power iMac 500MHz 20gb HD
6500/225PPC 225MHz 3gb Hd
G3 233 AIO 4gb HDGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  15:56:39
quote:
Hey, am I the one that you are refering to about the USB card? If so, then how much were you willing to let it go for?
On a side note, are you still having problems with your server? Do you know when you will have it up and running?
On a side side note, a finally got my hands on a 8.5 install cd for my AIO, but it did not fix the sound. Any other guess on what could be wrong?

Yep, the USB card can be yours for, let's say, $15 (including shipping)? I can't ship it until after October 12th, of course.

No, my server isn't coming back up anytime soon. I'm having too many issues with it on my Quadra, so i think I might just go back to using my Quadra as an A/V machine only. The good news is I'm going to *try* to run a hotline server at the machine I'm using here at work. I did for a day and it seemed okay, but I have to make sure I don't get in trouble with the IT guy.

As far as the AIO's sound issue, it is very strange, especially after an OS reinstall. I guess it could be some kind of friend hardware, after all. If you really need sound, and it is something hardware-related, I suppose you could get a hold of a Mac version of a PCI SoundBlaster card, but they aren't that cheap.

Go to Top of Page

SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  16:27:28
Hey there!
I'm very interested in that Apple 1705 screen! I recently bid on one at a school auction (where I got the PowerMac/Performa 64/6500's), but sadly I lost out on it.
Anyway, you said that you might let it go for around $45... how much do you think shipping would be from you to me (zip: 89119)? If it's within possiblility, maybe we can work something out...
Also, I'm very interested in those drives- namely the Jaz 1-gig, Zip100 and the CD burner. Can you tell me a little more about them? For instance, are they IDE, SCSI, USB, FireWire (unlikely), etc. Any info would be great!
Thanks,
SpaceBoy
PS Oh, and how much would you want for that copy of YDLinux? And... ummm... how do those speakers sound? I could use some good ones.... And lastly, how much would you want for that ATI video card? Thanks (again)!

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"

Edited by - SpaceBoy on 13 Sep 2002 16:28:20Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  16:48:28
quote:
I'm very interested in that Apple 1705 screen! I recently bid on one at a school auction (where I got the PowerMac/ Performa 64/6500's), but sadly I lost out on it.
Anyway, you said that you might let it go for around $45... how much do you think shipping would be from you to me (zip: 89119)? If it's within possiblility, maybe we can work something out...

Yep, $45 for the monitor, and shipping to you would be about $30.

quote:
Also, I'm very interested in those drives- namely the Jaz 1-gig, Zip100 and the CD burner. Can you tell me a little more about them? For instance, are they IDE, SCSI, USB, FireWire (unlikely), etc. Any info would be great!

All three are standard SCSI. I can take the 1GB Jaz drive out of the 7500 and put it in an external case if you want. The zip drive is a standard 100MB Zip and the burner is a tray-loading 4x/12x that works perfectly, though a little slow for today's standards. You can have them for $35 each or $90 for all three. Not sure about shipping, but probably around $7 for each and less than $25 for all three.

quote:
Oh, and how much would you want for that copy of YDLinux? And... ummm... how do those speakers sound? I could use some good ones.... And lastly, how much would you want for that ATI video card?

You can take the copy of YDL 2 for $5. The speakers are actually very decent for their size and weight, they put out good bass and are still fairly clear. You can have them separately for $10. As for the video card, you can have it for $50 alone or $45 if you're getting other stuff.

So, whadda ya say?

Edited by - cinemafia on 13 Sep 2002 16:51:22Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  17:47:06
DON'T SELl IT! I won't be selling my G3 AIO anymore, because the CPU (along with outer things) got unseated.

THnx
"doing the mooness"

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  19:34:15
huh...?

Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2002 :  10:30:34
oh... nevah mind. this selling is for the Emac, and not my beige G3. I was just on my mary, stonedafied way, when I saw you were selling this, and thought "crap! better tell him!" so nevermind. now, you see... nobody started bashing you when you made a post like this... I'm just so unpopular... -sob-

jk

THXN
"the brain has many interesting qualities. it can ineract with other matter, it can project things, even though they are not there, and it spreads nicely onto toast."

Go to Top of Page

tmtomh

USA
172 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2002 :  11:00:47
quote:
now, you see... nobody started bashing you when you made a post like this... I'm just so unpopular... -sob-

Maybe that's because you don't even have the courtesy to post a note saying whether or not you want to follow through with a transaction after you (1) say you're interested, and (2) insist on communicating in the forum rather than over email.

topic.asp.TOPIC_ID=2684.html

Other people's time is just as valuable as yours.

No rank

Permanent 68k roommates:
Q605 full '040 36/1.2G/enet/7.6.1-NetBSD dual-boot
SE/30 FPU 20/500/enet/A/UXGo to Top of Page

SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2002 :  11:35:29
Wow, what a great deal on a lot of this stuff!
Okay, a quick question on that ATi card: Will it work with that 1705 screen, or will I need a Mac-to-VGA adapter to use the screen w/ that card?
Other then that, here's what I'd like to get for sure, if it's still okay by you:

• That YDLinux CD

• Those speakers

• The SCSI Zip Drive

• The ATi Video card

• And maybe those copies of Office 2001 and ReBirth - how much for those?

I'm still very interested in the 1705, but I'm going to see if I can't check up on one local lead to get one (save a lot on shipping). I'll get back to you on it right away, but in the meantime, please consider the stuff listed above sold/reserved!
Thanks a million,
SpaceBoy

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2002 :  13:43:40
quote:
Okay, a quick question on that ATi card: Will it work with that 1705 screen, or will I need a Mac-to-VGA adapter to use the screen w/ that card?

Well, oddly enough, the Multiscan 1705 (or at lelast the one that I have) has a VGA connector instead of the usual Mac DB-15 connector. So, no, you don't need an adapter, just a PC-style monitor cable, which I will include with the monitor.

quote:
And maybe those copies of Office 2001 and ReBirth - how much for those?

I don't have any "official" copies of them, they're just on the 21GB hard drive. But, they are both on my Hotline server...well assuming I ever get my hotline server back up and running again!

I'll reserve all that stuff for you.

Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2002 :  13:55:11
ok... maybe I should stop posting here alltogether. would that make everyone happy?!

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 19 Sep 2002 :  18:26:04
I just updated the 7500's specs to reflect stuff that's been reserved. Also, I decided to keep the PC for now.

Edited by - cinemafia on 19 Sep 2002 18:36:25Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 09 Oct 2002 :  00:24:07
Hello Cinemo!!!!

Thought I'd revive this thread to see where you're at. I think I remember you switching gears on buying something else instead of an eMac in a different thread. So I wanted to see how that may alter your timeline.

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 09 Oct 2002 :  00:31:55
I'm going to be getting a Dual 867 tower instead of an eMac, and it probably won't be in my possession for another 5 weeks. Beyond that, I have tentatively decided to keep my 7500 because I'm trading a large quantity of goods for a G3 400 card for it with someone else on the board. I haven't removed this thread only because I may decide to sell/part-out the 7500 anyway and keep the G3 card for a 9500/9600.

Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 09 Oct 2002 :  07:34:41
That's cool. Keep us posted on the outcome and mabe we'll still be able to deal in the future.

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.