68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Lounge
 dual 800 is not "advanced enough" to run...
Author Topic  
Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  16:20:02
ANYthing requiring an FPU?!?!

I tried going several 68k files on my dualie only to find that it somehow, an i quote, my system "does not have all the requirements for this software" and other similar things, mainly pointing to that i either need a 68k or an FPU. What is up with this? i thought that 68k code would work on PPC's, through emulation. Grrrrrr, any help?

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  16:21:43
you need a software fpu I have it here someware... o ya it will only work in 9 disable it before you go into X.

-Danny
"Windows(win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  17:03:18
Funny, I thought that the 68k emulator did work with FPU instructions...
Try installing SoftFPU into your Classic extensions folder, that can help with 68k programs wanting a 'real' FPU, not a PPC one.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  17:38:20
Yeah, i DL'd a cpl things before I had to get off of that wonderful machine LOL. I will try out the 2 or 3 things i got next time im on there. I just thought this was extremely weird. I have one of those top of the line machines and yet i get an error box saying its noit advaced enough! humourus if nothing else! Ill be sure to both share the software on the server as well as providing screen shots of the funny errors.

~The Penguin

There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  17:40:19
Software FPU won't work in classic tho.

-Danny
"Windows(win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  18:12:18
*head*
*hit*
*keyboard*

Oh yeah suuuuuuuuuuuuuure, get the most advanced computer of its time they say, run the most advanced OS they say, this is crap i say!

~The Penguin

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  20:41:46
quote:

*head*
*hit*
*keyboard*

Oh yeah suuuuuuuuuuuuuure, get the most advanced computer of its time they say, run the most advanced OS they say, this is crap i say!

~The Penguin

Ahh, but keep and liberate more 68k WE say

"One slip and down the hole we fall"
Check out the new forum on the block at: http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  20:57:11
quote:

*head*
*hit*
*keyboard*

~The Penguin

Well if you think your G4 is crap, well...why don't you...ummm...perhaps send it to this particular comrade down in the Southern Hemisphere who would LOVE it? *tsk tsk*

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  04:04:42
Well I guess this just goes to show how important 68k's are!

After doing multiple transfer's between networked machine and such so that i could FINALLY GET A FREAKING FLOPPY DRIVE! I got it into my performa and everything ran fine....*sigh* The good times.......the good times....

~The Penguin

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.