68k Conquests
 Not a 68k, but a cool peripheral
Author Topic  
ckealey
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  06:51:04
A stop at the local thrift shop yesterday netted me an NEC external 6x SCSI CD-ROM drive (minus the caddy and cables) for $5.00 and a PC 1.44Mb floppy drive (I know it's for a PC, ugh, but you never know when you'll need one of those) for $2.00. The only downside with the CD drive (other than the missing caddy, which I've got anyway) is the HD connector, one of those funky 68-pin jobbies with the insanely tiny pins. I don't think I have a cable to fit that, so I may need to spend a few $$ on that.

There was also a copy of SoftPC for $5.00. Having no need for it, and already having more ancient, useless software crowding my storeroom, I passed on that. If anyone's looking for it, drop me a line and I can pick it up and ship it off to you.

-Chad

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  19:50:53
What does SoftPC emulate? A 486, or what?

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

ckealey
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  20:04:10
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. It emulates a 286, I think. Comes with DOS 3.3, and would probably run later versions (maybe even 6.22) and Windows 3.0.

-Chad

Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  10:08:54
Oh, that. One of my Duos had it installled with Win3.1, I couldn't find much use for it. (Except for maybe an old version of Borland C++.)

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 13 Sep 2002 :  15:25:20
I have an adapter that you could use! I have a 2 GB hard drive that has one of them, but I got 2 adapters, so I could send one to you for... say... 5$?

XnHT!
-creativity offline until further notice.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.