All Forums
 Lounge
 Modem Help, sil vous plait.
Author Topic  
mac-man6

Canada
217 Posts
Posted - 09 Sep 2002 :  21:37:56
Hello, I'm posting here because it seems like everyone else uses cable modems. I have dialup, on an iMac. I would like "call alert", something that would notify me if someone is calling. It doesn't have to say who the caller is or anything special, just tell me when someone is calling. It's a matter of pride now because, the PC I was using before automatically notified me when someone was calling, by default. My lovely iMac is now restricted because it can not. Would switching the modem script to a generic 56k modem help?, have you heard of this "call alert" feature before?.

Thanks,

------------------
Mac SE 4/40
Mac Classic II 4/40
Mac IIx 8/160
Mac IIvi 8/260
Mac Quadra 650 32/260
Mac Quadra 650 64/350 via basilisk II
iMac 333

How you like d'em apples?!

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 09 Sep 2002 :  21:48:32
My provider provides something like internet call waiting, but you need your provider to support it.

-Danny Canadian Sniper Squadron 3 stars.
----------------------------------------
My site and web access to service manuals.
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 09 Sep 2002 :  22:01:08
I'm not sure if it extends into Canada, but you can try www.buzme.com or look up another version of it with a simple keyword search for internet voicemail and caller id. I did a beta test for them before and it worked better than regular caller id.

"One slip and down the hole we fall"
Check out the new forum on the block at: http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.