All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Anyone looking for a mac portable?
Author Topic  
kastegir

USA
58 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2002 :  19:19:19
I have a model 5120 macintosh portable that I'd like to sell off. It's in the original (way cool) black case and has the original AC adapter. I also have a brand new-in-the-box battery charger for it. I never got around to doing anything with it, so it's time to let it go. I works occasionally, but often won't start up. I think it's a battery related proble, as it used to work great. SInce the original battery stopped taking a charge, it's only booted sporadically. It has the original internal modem card and an additional Apple ram card (1 or 2 meg, I forget).

Any interested parties can email me. It's very clean and not too yellowed. If the buyer is interested, I also have a spare keyboard and trackball I bought for it (replacement parts) that I haven't even opened. Make an offer for the lot and let's deal. :-)

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 08 Sep 2002 :  14:08:37
hmm... 50$? I like portables and I need parts.

THnx
"I'm back!"

Go to Top of Page

kastegir

USA
58 Posts
Posted - 09 Sep 2002 :  00:12:39
quote:

hmm... 50$? I like portables and I need parts.

THnx
"I'm back!"

I'd be willing to go $50, but not including the battery recharger (which is brand new in the box) or the spare parts; or how about $75 for everything? Either price would be plus shipping charges.

Let me know what you think.

Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 09 Sep 2002 :  17:35:20
well....... hmm... I don't need parts THAT bad... heh jkjkjk. if it all works, and is in pritty good working order, then that's pritty good (and for aftermac, I just recently bumped the price to 50$ CAD (which is like 30$ US) so not that big of a diff). I was kinda buying it for the battery. could you give me the battery charger, the broken battery (assuming you have a broken battery, and you havn't thrown it out (shame, shame if you did!)) and the battery door for a total of 20$ USD?

thNx
"argh! nooo! piano!?"

Go to Top of Page

kastegir

USA
58 Posts
Posted - 10 Sep 2002 :  17:14:43
I still have the cover and the battery. So, you are offering $20USD for the charger, the battery and the battery cover? That sounds fine, if it's plus shipping costs. That battery is heavy... let me know and I'll box it up. Email me offsite and we'll set it up.

Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 10 Sep 2002 :  18:21:23
What Is that portable like is it backlit?

"Windows -n- (win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."Go to Top of Page

kastegir

USA
58 Posts
Posted - 10 Sep 2002 :  19:27:36
It's a standard model 5120, non-backlit portable. It has the internal 40 meg hard drive, internal modem and 2 megs of ram. I got it up and running today by resetting the power manager. It's up and running fine now.

Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  17:04:18
vunderful! that would be gr8t, because my portable is a serious school computer, and sometimes, it rns out of batteries (after about 2 days of active use) and it would be great if I could just have one on the charger thing for when the moment arises that I need another one. I'll Email my address to you and I can use the return address on the box to send u your money. BTW, how big is that RAM card?

-catsdorule-
you got that from www.windows2000sucks.com, didn't you?

THnx
"I do so like cheese!"

Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  17:06:09
oh... it's a 1 Mb card. my windows comp does not wanna hold onto my login, so I can't edit anything.

THnx
"Argh! it works!"

Go to Top of Page

DonkeyKing
Starting Member

3 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  17:34:19
DO NOT TRUST boredomconquersall MAKE SURE YOU GET PAYMENT 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(! :(!

Go to Top of Page

kastegir

USA
58 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  19:04:14
Um, yeah, I have to agree there. I don't generally just send stuff out and wait for payment to come. If you're seriously interested, I'll get it boxed up and get a shipping cost and email you with the total. We can settle up via paypal, or work out some other means. Drop me an email and we'll sort things out.

Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  20:28:53
why do you keep picking on me?!

no thnx for you!
"bark! bark! bark! bark! kill! bark! bark!"

Go to Top of Page

kastegir

USA
58 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2002 :  10:15:30
So what's the word on the parts, then? Interested or no?

Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2002 :  10:24:57
most likely... not yet. both my portables have failed in a serious way, and I don't have 50$ to buy everything off of you right now, but once I do... SHAZAM! my portable will be back in action!

THNx
"my mind is going... I can feel it... I am getting an urge... to go into politics... dave..."

Go to Top of Page

kastegir

USA
58 Posts
Posted - 14 Sep 2002 :  12:22:20
Cool. Well, now that I have my portable up and running, maybe I'll either rebuild the battery myself and keep it all, or put the whole lot on eBay... I'll see how bad I need cash. i hate parting with my toys. I bought a 280c to fix and sell, and now that it's all cleaned up and running great, i don't think I want to sell it. ;-)

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.