All Forums
 68k Conquests
 Latest and Greatest Finds...
Author Topic  
Slomac636

USA
103 Posts
Posted - 06 Sep 2002 :  20:01:32
Yesterday I scored an LCIII+ and kybd for $2.50 (US), and it is in perfect working order. I'm just gonna wipe the drive and give it a fresh copy of 7.5.5 and it'll be GTG. Today I got a Visoneer PaperPort Scanner (In the orginal box w/ disks no less!) for $5.00, I haven't tried it yet, but the night is still young. SAF is going to be an issue if I keep this up!!

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 06 Sep 2002 :  21:58:51
Ooooh! NICE! Especially that scanner...i've wanted one of those PaperPort scanners for years...or a OneScaner would do me just fine.

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

ehurtley

USA
63 Posts
Posted - 06 Sep 2002 :  23:33:30
Ooooh! The PaperPort is essentially the same as my (see Lounge 'Mac PC oxymoron' thread) HP ScanJet 4s! I don't suppose those drivers could find their way onto the web somewhere nondescript?

Proud Liberator of over 25 Macintoshes!Go to Top of Page

Slomac636

USA
103 Posts
Posted - 09 Sep 2002 :  21:55:46
I'm happy to report the Paperport works just fine! That was a deal, I also ran across some contraband (Windoze) software in the bottom of the box, I'll give it a whirl when I have some spare time. The LCIII+ is pretty cool too, its a 33 Mhz model, which is pretty fast for a 68030 chip, so it zips right along.

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 10 Sep 2002 :  01:00:43
Nice. What sort of floppy does your LCIII have btw? Mine's a manual injecter. Great to hear that its actually an LCIII+ though. My LCIII is only a standard 25 Mhz version, but still, she was my first Mac, bought brand new back in 1993, so I love her all the same.

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.