Lounge
 New not-quite liberation
Author Topic  
danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2002 :  10:32:57
So I'm wandering around ebay as I do, and come across 32mb ram, an LC PDS ethernet card and a 700mb scsi drive all wrapped up in a 605 case. Not quite a liberation, but one more for the family - making an even 4 605s and 4 LC475s. I -thought- it's mac number 40, but counting through them all again and again I can only get to 38. bugger!

dana

Quadra 605 Obsessions

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2002 :  10:34:33
quote:

So I'm wandering around ebay as I do, and come across 32mb ram, an LC PDS ethernet card and a 700mb scsi drive all wrapped up in a 605 case. Not quite a liberation, but one more for the family - making an even 4 605s and 4 LC475s. I -thought- it's mac number 40, but counting through them all again and again I can only get to 38. bugger!

Whoops

I already have 4 605s here. That makes me uneven again.

dana

Quadra 605 Obsessions
Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2002 :  10:39:42
Yeah I go on ebay alot thats where I got my AAUI to RJ-45 transever he didn't send it untill a month after he got the money tho.

-Danny Canadian Sniper Squadron 3 stars.
-------------------------------------
My site and web access to service manuals.
Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2002 :  12:17:47
quote:

Yeah I go on ebay alot thats where I got my AAUI to RJ-45 transever he didn't send it untill a month after he got the money tho.

I had my IIci appear a bit more than a month after I'd thought it was a loss - what a happy surprise that'un was...

and I found another little un on ebay - an LC. not a II or a 5xx or anything else just... a first-model LC.

That's kinda cool - cos I have all the pizzaboxies except for one of them

dana

Quadra 605 Obsessions
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2002 :  14:08:34
OOoooh! Nice! So...what role will it perform?

Btw, Dana, i don't see you around these parts as much as i used to. What happened?

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 06 Sep 2002 :  00:03:47
quote:

OOoooh! Nice! So...what role will it perform?

Btw, Dana, i don't see you around these parts as much as i used to. What happened?

I don't much know what it'll be doing yet - perhaps a dual-floppy system, just to see how that copes. Can't hurt... and minimalist computing is always fun.

minimalists unite! (in very small groups)

Real life seems to have caught up with me - I don't so much pore over the messageboards here, as leap in when I think there's something I can contribute. I'm still around, though...

dana

Quadra 605 Obsessions
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 06 Sep 2002 :  00:12:47
quote:

I don't much know what it'll be doing yet - perhaps a dual-floppy system, just to see how that copes. Can't hurt... and minimalist computing is always fun.

minimalists unite! (in very small groups)

Real life seems to have caught up with me - I don't so much pore over the messageboards here, as leap in when I think there's something I can contribute. I'm still around, though...

dana

Quadra 605 Obsessions

Eeek! Triple post! Btw, whats this "real life" thing you seem to be on about? Haven't heard of that since...ummm...2000! (Or maybe even 1999...)

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.