Author Topic  
boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  17:16:39
Wanted
-portable parts
-hard drives
-external SCSI enclosures (50 pin, 4 bay would be nice, but 1 bay will do)
-various other SCSI devices
-fun, addictive, 68K games
-5000 LBs of gouda cheese
-a miniature version of the MIR space station

For Sale
-macintosh portable (non-backlit, needs hard drive)
-centris 650 (no hard drive, no CD (as of this second) 64MB ram)
-a SCSI scanner
*note. I might be selling it, I might be keeping it. depends on the size and the quality.

name ur price.

THnx

"HAHAH! NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW THE TROUBLE I CAN CAUSE!"

aftermac

USA
80 Posts
Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  17:49:25
How much do you want for the portable? Without knowing the condition of the rest of it, cosmetic, batteries, and otherwise, I'll start the bidding at $25.

Where are you shipping from? If you don't want to post it here e-mail it to me. The cost of shipping that thing might have an impact on how much I want to pay for it.

Aftermac

A bandoned, F orgotten, T ortured, E ndangered, R etro, M acintosh, A cquisition, C ommando

5 Apples, 23 liberated 68k's, 9 contraband PPC's, and a Duo DockGo to Top of Page

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  18:54:11
I have a 1 GB external HD that I want to get rid of. It's a tad noisy. Also, depending on how you format it and what scsi utilities you have installed, you may need to mount it when you use it. IBM sucks...but anyway, it works. Do you want that? I've got an empty drive enclosure that I was hoping to use one day, but I'd let it go for a good enough price. I may have a 350 meg 50 pin scsi drive available soon, if you're interested in that, too. Email me offers

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ 68k Macs liberated: 3}
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  20:05:04
Aftermac:
unless it comes to the final exange of addresses, then no. I feel like posting here. the mac portable is about to undergo a speaker transplant operation. it is in perfict cosmetic condition. everything works, but it does not have a battery cover, which, apparently, affects operation, but I have found a way around this (using a paperclip and some tape) the battery is a panasonic one, I can't tell you the number right now, but I got 2 for 15$ CAD, and the one I have in my other portable works for a good, solid 10 hours with it (and it's the backlit, pseudo-static ram one!) and I am gonna make a bracket that locks it into place, and makes contact in the place. the hard drive does spin up, and does have a filesystem and data (norton disk doctor. gotta love it.) but does not read from the disk, because it never get's past the pre-mounting sequence (keeps clicking after it has "finished")

candyPunk:
yes! I would love those! all of it! what would you take for trade? I'll see if I could get it for you, and if not, what's ur price? I have lots of stuff, but I need 1 SCSI drive thing wif a bunch of bays so I can just pick up the box, plug it into the computer that happens to be pooped at the moment, but that IBM drive will complement my old type 5 drive!

THnx
"boil the water FIRST!"

Go to Top of Page

aftermac

USA
80 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2002 :  14:46:04
I just wanted to get an idea of what shipping would be, because if it's gonna cost $40 to ship, then I don't want it. I had a similar issue with a IIfx... it was my fault for winning the auction, and not finding out the shipping charges first.

How much do you estimate it would cost to ship it to Detroit, MI?

Since you've run Disk Doctor on the HD I assume you've gotten it to boot from floppy or some other device.

Aftermac

A bandoned, F orgotten, T ortured, E ndangered, R etro, M acintosh, A cquisition, C ommando

5 Apples, 23 liberated 68k's, 9 contraband PPC's, and a Duo DockGo to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2002 :  15:30:37
hmmm... I don't think it's gonna come to more then 13$ USD because it cost me 45$ CAD (I think that's like 28$USD rounded up...) to ship them from the bottom of calafornia. I DON'T live in australia (it would be cheaper to have a vacation down there, then to ship stuff!)

THnx
"BRING PRINTER TOMORROW!!"
*note
my friend borrowed my stylewriter II, and he better give it back soon......

Go to Top of Page

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 05 Sep 2002 :  16:20:59
A Q840av mobo would be nice. Have an extra, by any chance? I can't think of anything else at the moment. What sorts of things do you have that one might have a use for? If nothing catches my eye, I think US$35 plus shipping (might be a bit to canada - IBM hard drive is biggish) would be about right. How does that sound?

{ candyPunk }

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 06 Sep 2002 :  16:50:21
I'd give my left testicle for a quadra 840AV! I'd never let it go, unless, I happened to have one spare (or in parts) around. what I have that I can currently let go is:

1) macintosh IIcx (hard drive works most fo the time. might want to hold onto that other hard drive, if you decide to take it. 20MB ram, 180MB HD)
2) Umax astra 600S (I allready have a scanner, and it's just as good.)
3) mac centris 650 (has 64MB ram and a 1GB HD)
4) software out the ears. (you name it, I have it. anything.)
5) 30$ (it's an offer, or is your's non-nagotable)

that's all I have right now that I am selling (or might be selling)

THnx
"woo hoo! OCR!"

Go to Top of Page

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  18:22:05
Have you gotten my email?

{ candyPunk }

DonkeyKing
Starting Member

3 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  19:30:21
Edit... GIVE IT UP

Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  20:01:03
WTF who are you? you just come here to do this?!?

-Danny
"Windows(win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  20:07:11
uhh... yeah. right.

THnx
"do you know the mushroom man?"

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  20:15:50
I think I have your dream SCSI case here!

It's a 4-bay, 3.5", 50-pin SCSI case that can hold up to 4 3.5", third or half-height drives. Unfortunately, because of the way the case is laid out, you cannot fit any 5.25" drives in it, but otherwise it's a great case.

However, right now it's needs a little fixing. I was using it with my Quadra for quite a while, but it fell down one too many times and some of the SCSI connectors got dislodged. It's actually a fairly simple fix, but because I just have no use for it anymore (although I could use an external, 68-pin SCSI case for my Quadra), I haven't bothered to fix it. All it needs is a little work with a screwdriver and such and it'll run perfect.

P.S. - It's spray-painted black, in case you care! I'll have to post some pics of it somewhere so you can see.

Let me know what you'd be willing to give for it, and I'll try to figure out what the shipping cost might be.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  20:24:07
I kinda needed a 5 1/2" bay so I could put a CDrom drive, my removable HD cartrage drive, and my old hitachi type 5 jet engien.. er... hard drive in it. perfect for booting a mac, installing things, or restoring a backup (from a syquest cartrage). could you send me piccies?

THnx
"mh nose ib pluggeb ub..."

Go to Top of Page

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  10:03:56
boredom- did you get my email about trades/money?

{ candyPunk }

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 12 Sep 2002 :  12:58:56
Sure, I'll send the pics, but at best you might fit one 5.25" device in it, and only if you mount it vertically!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.