Lounge
 Contraband Liberation!
Author Topic  
Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  19:55:48
I was driving away from a job site and spotted a platinum deposit from the corner of my eye and managed to pull over and back up to check it out. Nestled in between compactor bags on the top row of a huge pile at the curb on 75th Street was a forlorn 7100/80av/Miniscule SCSI HDD/16MB RAM/ROM SIMM & Cache SIMM, AV card and CD, everything intact and it booted right up when I tested it in the shop! Lots of interesting software on it to catalog too!

SCORE!!!!! I was on a roll, because I stopped at the local thrift store and the $20 SE/30 was still there, so I tested it, seemed to have a dead analog board so I walked away with a FREEBIE and grabbed an 88MB SyQuest drive from the pile of junk they were tossing today. I couldn't carry the IIvx that was lying there, but I really don't want one of those pathetic things anyway. There was a 7200 lying there too, but one PPC liberation in a day is enough!

The SE/30 seems to be a deader tho, I tried it in my SE and got what looked like pinstripes on the display. dunno, the luck wasn't all good, you can now add me to the list of people who've broken the card and the seal off the end of a 9" Compact's CRT (the burnt in SE/30 CRT, NOT my SE's!)

Now I just need a SyQuest Cart! :Rolleyes:

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  21:30:21
AV! Nice...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  23:43:29
quote:

AV! Nice...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0

When you have a PSU to drive it, anyway. My PowerMac AV card is all lonely, it has a logic board, but no PSU to drive it.

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.