A/UX gateway setup
Author Topic  
vxr
Starting Member

Australia
7 Posts
Posted - 02 Sep 2002 :  23:43:18
Greeting folks,

As you will notice from my post count, I am new around here. I have been lurking for a couple of months, and i must say I find the actions of the 68kmla most admirable..... Given I am a bit of a 68k liberator myself, i thought i'd join the battlefront..... :) The LC Cube sitting next to me agrees that I'm doing the right thing.

On to my question:

I have a Centris 650 which i installed A/UX 3.1 on yesterday. All seems to work well, and I like it quite a bit. I noticed that dana in a previous thread had talked about manual routing table config for A/UX, and this is basically what I was hoping to find out how to do.

I have configured my ao0 with an appropriate IP address, and I can ping my iBook, from the A/UX box. However, i don't know what the equivalent rc.conf (or other) file is for A/UX. All I want to do is set the defaultroute to 192.168.127.18.... can someone help me out please?

---
vxr

vxr
Starting Member

Australia
7 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  05:58:22
heh. thx dana. evrything is working now. just gotta find a browser to use. hmmm maybe Netscape 3.

so, how many machines is too many? i got 3 that i use at once, and, just like goldilocks, i think that's "just right"..... ;P

---
vxrGo to Top of Page

vxr
Starting Member

Australia
7 Posts
Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  01:59:54
40?! you rock. I have 7, and people make fun of me for hoarding "silly old Macs". if only there were women like you down here in melbourne. :)

thanks again,

---
vxrGo to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 11 Sep 2002 :  12:22:53
Wow, you built the LC Cube, I take my hat off to you for such marvellous workmanship.

anyway, good luck with A/UX, people always doa a doubletake with me when I run netstat, route, traceroute, etc on a mac.

again, good luck
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced LEFTENNANT, dangitt)
Protector of the abandonned toastermacs
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, and a Quadra 650

Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PowerMac 8600/300Go to Top of Page

ehurtley

USA
63 Posts
Posted - 15 Sep 2002 :  22:25:41
quote:

40?! you rock. I have 7, and people make fun of me for hoarding "silly old Macs". if only there were women like you down here in melbourne. :)

Hehe... Yeah, I currently have 28. My next door neighbor has three compacts (two Plusses and an SE) and his wife thought he was "hoarding silly old Macs"... Then when they came over, he basically dragged her into our basement (where my collection is,) and goes "See, I'm not that bad, really!"

And, at present, I have three on the desktop next to me (in addition to my two PC desktops and one PC notebook,) plus two set up on my 'workbench' in the basement. (I keep an iMac and a PMac G3 on my desk at all times, as my OS X plaything and my serious Mac; and I rotate the third, currently it's an SE with an Ethernet card. The workbench in the basement always has a Quadra 700 on it, and rotates 1-3 other Macs. (Right now it's a IIfx with four monitors.))

Proud Liberator of over 25 Macintoshes!Go to Top of Page

vxr
Starting Member

Australia
7 Posts
Posted - 17 Sep 2002 :  08:06:58
heh. thanks clinton.

sadly i put the Cube in the cupboard on holiday when I scored a free 7200(75)/160/2GB the other day.....

Finally a machine I can run Linux on that has a supported Ethernet card in it.....

hmmmm... methinks it's time for another good old wooden LC Cube.... maybe made out of a busted up Clamshell iBook.... it could even run X then... ;)
........and it could have a tiny standalone 12.1" LCD.... heh cool.

---
vxrGo to Top of Page

vxr
Starting Member

Australia
7 Posts
Posted - 17 Sep 2002 :  08:08:33
OS X, that is.

---
vxrGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.