All Forums
 68k Conquests
 mac IIcx + 2 asante ethernet cards = 20$ CAD
Author Topic  
boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 31 Aug 2002 :  09:45:22
the title is kinda self explanatory, but it has a story too...

while I was in vancouver (that's where I have been for the last 2 weeks, for anybody who doesn't know, or cares) I went to a place named the mac market... it should be called the mac bazarr! itr had macs of every model (and yes, I do mean every model. mac 128 to dual G4 1.25GHz) and in the front, they had a pile of stuff that might work, but probobly doesn't for free, and an SE30 was in that pile with some sort of video card, so I thought I'd look in the store for 5 mins, and then go pick it up... so I started to talk to the store owner and he told me he had a newton 2200 developers model (12MB ram, only like 22 made) and I was like "how'd you get your hands on one of those?!" and I thought that it would go on for a while, so I told my little brother to go pick up the thing so nobody else could take it. so about 20 minutes pass, and he finnally finishes, and I go and ask my brother where he put the SE30, and he started spazzing about how he was being treated like a slave (I ask him for favours, and he ether doesnt do it, explodes, or both) so I check outside, and I see an SE30 sized hole in the pile... I procede with banging my head against the sidewalk, then beating my little brother until he has the consistancy of sour cream. I later found out that the card was one of those rare grayscale cards that made it so the built in screen can display grayscale... I beat more s*** out of my brother... so I go back in, and notice that there was a bunch of IIcx's being used as shelving, and asked if I could have one (the IIci and IIcx cases are sturdy enough to hold 500 LBs of pressure... 'nuff said!) and he said he would throw in 3 nubus cards for 20$, so I agreed. they were a macintosh II display card, and 2 asante ethernet cards. it ain't no SE30, but it'll do.

thnx
"ARGH! OF ALL THE TIMES TO BE A LITTLE A**HO**, YOU PICKED NOW!"
*note
guess where this is quoted from....

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 31 Aug 2002 :  11:13:45
Slap the little varmint again today for me!
Younger brothers can be a PIA, I've got three of 'em and two younger sisters to boot . . .
most of them survived to adulthood!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 31 Aug 2002 :  15:12:32
Easy solution: Track down that SE/30, enjoy the IIcx, and kill the brother.

Sure sounds like you had a great time though!!!!!

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.