All Forums
 Lounge
 Live from Apple Store grand opening!!!
Author Topic  
aftermac

USA
80 Posts
Posted - 31 Aug 2002 :  07:23:19
Just wanted to check in from the Apple Store grand opening at 12 Oaks mall in Novi, Michigan. This place is sweet... Gotta go... many people to mingle with

Aftermac

A bandoned, F orgotten, T ortured, E ndangered, R etro, M acintosh, A cquisition, C ommando

5 Apples, 23 liberated 68k's, 9 contraband PPC's, and a Duo Dock

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 31 Aug 2002 :  15:13:53
and just when are they gonna open some up here in aus? Oh well, even if they did, i bet there'd only be one....in FRICKEN SYDNEY!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

aftermac

USA
80 Posts
Posted - 31 Aug 2002 :  21:40:32
Well, I can understand Apple's location for the Twelve Oaks, and Somerset (opening in November)... Oakland County Michigan, where both store's are located, is like the 3rd richest county in the U.S. Apple is clearly aiming for College areas (Twelve Oaks in halfway between University of Michigan, and Michigan State), area's with large populations, and area's with money. I, of course, can't speak for any any other location in the world, but this has been my own observation.

On the other hand Apple has been known for neglecting other countries, and disappointing millions of customers. Even if Apple hadn't put stores in Michigan I, at least, had been to visit an Apple Store. I drove 5 hours to Columbus, Ohio to visit the Easton Town Center store. Visiting an Apple store is definitly something every Apple/Mac fan/fanatic should be able to do. I definitly understand where you're coming from.

Eventually, I'll get the pictures on the web, and post a link for anyone who cares to look.

One thing weird about this store is it lacked a theater... all of the demo's are going to be huddled around a G4 with a Cinema display...

Aftermac

A bandoned, F orgotten, T ortured, E ndangered, R etro, M acintosh, A cquisition, C ommando

5 Apples, 23 liberated 68k's, 9 contraband PPC's, and a Duo DockGo to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 01 Sep 2002 :  19:50:02
Same I wish they opend one in Canada well winnipeg is in the middle of the country so I think it would be a great place, (also thats where I live .

-Danny Canadian Sniper Squadron 3 stars.
-------------------------------------
My site and web access to service manuals.
Go to Top of Page

aftermac

USA
80 Posts
Posted - 02 Sep 2002 :  06:15:36
Here's a few of the pictures I took. There were about 29 people in front of me, so we were among the first wave to enter the store.

http://68.42.24.29/public/pictures/twelveoaks/

Aftermac

5 Apples, 23 liberated 68k's, 9 contraband PPC's, and a Duo DockGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  11:58:44
quote:
One thing weird about this store is it lacked a theater... all of the demo's are going to be huddled around a G4 with a Cinema display...

That's just sick and wrong!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  13:17:40
Atermac, the link for your pictures is broken. I wanted to see those pictures! oh well, maybe it'll be back up later or something.

Website(closed):
http://scchicago.dynodns.net
MyForum(closed):
http://scchicago.dynodns.net/forum
NOTE:MAIN SERVER ONLY ON WHEN I'M ONLINEGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  14:34:06
quote:

Atermac, the link for your pictures is broken. I wanted to see those pictures! oh well, maybe it'll be back up later or something.

Odd, works fine for me....

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

aftermac

USA
80 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  14:58:03
quote:

That is weird... I've accessed it several times today to show some friends at work. The pictures are on my server at home, and barring a power failure it's always up. I know a couple of links are messed up (silly iPhoto, I'll fix that tonight), but other than that it should be working.

Try typing it in manually, or using a different browser. To access the page you have to type in the ending slash or it won't work. That's the only reason I can think of that it wouldn't work.

If you can't get it to work, and you really want to see them, let me know and I'll e-mail 'em to ya.

Aftermac

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  18:44:31
COOL! the pics are working now.
I guess it was Mozilla that was the problem.

Website(closed):
http://scchicago.homeip.net
MyForum:
http://scchicago.homeip.net/forum

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  18:53:58
I live within a half-hour drive of an Apple store and yet I still
haven't been. I don't have a car(too young) and my parents never
want to go "all the way" to Cincinnati. Its not like its "THAT" far
away. C'MON PEOPLE!

Website(closed):
http://scchicago.homeip.net
MyForum:
http://scchicago.homeip.net/forum

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  19:08:38
quote:

I live within a half-hour drive of an Apple store and yet I still
haven't been. I don't have a car(too young) and my parents never
want to go "all the way" to Cincinnati. Its not like its "THAT" far
away. C'MON PEOPLE!

I think there are two in NYC now and I've never been to one yet! But I find it hard to believe they could be any better than Tekserve . . . their new store is really awesome!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 04 Sep 2002 09:26:35Go to Top of Page

aftermac

USA
80 Posts
Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  20:38:52
quote:

I think there are two in HYC now and I've never been to one yet! But I find it hard to believe they could be any better than Tekserve . . . their new store is really awesome!

From my experience with Tekserve, the Apple Store is much better... I've never heard of Tekserve

I fixed the broken link... hopefully it stays like that... I'm glad you got it to work scchicago, hopefully you'll get to see one for yourself soon

Aftermac

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  09:34:17
quote:

quote:

I think there are two in HYC now and I've never been to one yet! But I find it hard to believe they could be any better than Tekserve . . . their new store is really awesome!

From my experience with Tekserve, the Apple Store is much better... I've never heard of Tekserve

LOL! I"VE NEVER HEARD OF HYC! I fixed the typo in my post and after I check out an Apple store I'll post a comparison. But if the Apple store doesn't have a 10¢ Bottle Coke vending machine and a porch swing, it's gonna have to be VERY impressive to compete!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.