68k Peripherals
 Apple Adjustable Keyboard
Author Topic  
thecube84

USA
56 Posts
Posted - 29 Aug 2002 :  14:52:11
Are those rare?

If it is, does anyone want to buy it from me?

Its one of those ergonomic ones that can adjust and the keypad and function keys...as well as the arrow keys are on a seperate panel attached to the keyboard with an adb cable

--
//=\\ |L |E ><
|F (()) |R ||))
68k Macs Liberated: 5
(Im only 14, give me a break)

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 29 Aug 2002 :  15:03:47
quote:

Are those rare?

If it is, does anyone want to buy it from me?

Its one of those ergonomic ones that can adjust and the keypad and function keys...as well as the arrow keys are on a seperate panel attached to the keyboard with an adb cable

They're not all that rare, but they are the only mac (ADB) keyboards with any resale value worth mentioning. Check the finished auctions on eBay, there is almost always one available at auction. if yours is clean and not yellowed, figure out how much you want for it and email me.

and if anybody has an original DataDesk Mac101 (not the 101e) that's available, drop me a line!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 29 Aug 2002 :  15:15:10
I'd like to have one...how much are you looking for it?

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
My Site: http://cine.sytes.net
My Hotline Server: 840av.sytes.net
Go to Top of Page

mattminserlg15

70 Posts
Posted - 29 Aug 2002 :  18:51:16
shouldnt this be in the for sale forum?

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 29 Aug 2002 :  18:59:25
quote:

shouldnt this be in the for sale forum?

Nope! The way I read it, cube's not really offering it for sale so much as testing the waters and trying to determine rarity and value of a peripheral at this point.

If it were a flat out: "BUY THIS FROM ME!!!!!" kinda deal you'd be right and if it gets to that point I'll suggest that a new "for sale" thread be posted in the trading post. But for the way it stands now, this is the place to yak about peripherals!

jt .

thecube84

USA
56 Posts
Posted - 30 Aug 2002 :  09:09:13
It is very slightly yellowed. The keys are a good white color, with the exception of the space bar.which is the same color as the rest of the case... agan, sllightly yellowed beige. I have not tested it as far as functionality goes... but it unfolds okay... with a little dust/hair under it.. i will clean it out.

i have the "auxillary" keyboard and cable as well.

if you remove the plastic covering from the auxillary keyboard that is around the function keys... not the case but this little protective sheet thing you can see the original color and the color it is now. looking at it that way you can see that it is yellowed only slightly.

i also have an original 128k Mac "phone jack" keyboard with cable (no 128k to test it with) and what appears to be an apple IIgs adb keyboard.

???

i dont know how much any of these are worth... make an offer or i will trade. though that seems to be too much of a nuisance with shipping and stuff.

--
//=\\ |L |E ><
|F (()) |R ||))
(Im only 14, give me a break)Go to Top of Page

thecube84

USA
56 Posts
Posted - 30 Aug 2002 :  09:11:43
oh yeah and i have the wrist rests too. though i cannot figure out how to get them to stay on!

--
//=\\ |L |E ><
|F (()) |R ||))
(Im only 14, give me a break)Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 30 Aug 2002 :  09:48:00
OK, list this stuff in the trading post if you're just looking to trade or sell.

It doesn't sound like a peripherals question and getting estimates doesn't qualify as discussion. I won't move the topic or lock it yet, just in case a discussion breaks out tho!

jt .

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  17:48:29
My adjustable came in it's original box with packaging, it's in nearly mint condition, i then got hold of the manual, install disk, funny cables, and it's now a complete set!

it's a schweet keyboard, makes the best clicky noise, and on it i've written my best works

a very comfortable keybaord, one to hold onto, even through the era of USB and firewire macintoshes... if you have one of those ADB-USB adaptors, keep it and use it there, or if you have any ADB macintosh

never will i sell my adjustable keyboard

Official 68k videographerGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.