Lounge
 Stickers for your 68k mac
Author Topic  
Christophillis
Forums Squadron Commander

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 09 Dec 2001 :  18:10:45
Coxy, i think it was sasid something about stickers for your 68k mac that have the liberation army logo and stuff on them. I was wondering if anyone else likes this idea and if so how do you think we could make em?

68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Christophillis-
Privite First Class
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 4

NMH_Yeti
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts
Posted - 09 Dec 2001 :  23:36:34
I like the idea of stickers...one can order stickers from a variety of places...but there must be some kind of "homemade remedy" here. I was going to bring up the idea of decorating or otherwise modifying the outsides of our macs. What are good materials for doing this? I know that acetone, ketchup, and fire are all bad options...but what about paints or other simple art supplies? What about Fimo? What about Nickolodeon Glop? Any suggestions?

I personally was thinking of making my LC II look exactly like an old-school, local pizza shop's box. That'd be fun and then I'd gain the recognition from my friends that I have so long deserved but not received.

NMH_Yeti
Vice Viceroy in charge of Vice.
68k Macs liberated: 2Go to Top of Page

Christophillis

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 10 Dec 2001 :  05:54:49
Well the recognition would be well deserved. Sorry if i sounded like an expert but im not it was coxy's idea. But as macaddict said a while back you could cover it in half melted army men if you want it doesnt matter. its your mac. but it ruins the resale value.

Christophillis-
Privite First Class
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 10 Dec 2001 :  09:58:07
Hmmm...seems kinda like Zamijes' MAF/Unplugged sticker club! Maybe it's zeit geist...?

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

NMH_Yeti
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts
Posted - 10 Dec 2001 :  17:14:55
68kMLA stickers would give liberated Macs a solid identity AND it would call attention to the 68kMLA's actions in the field. If we liberate Macs and pass them on to new users then the stickers could bring in potential recruits or other allies. Which reminds me...we need a Charter of some kind. Or a Mission Statement or something.

On a related note, and I know this has been discussed before, early PPCs are starting to turn vintage, despite the MAF's belief that they aren't vintage yet. Now, I don't expect this army to shoulder the burden of liberating two nations worth of Macs, but the fact of the matter is that those old hands deserve some help too. I've seen PPC Macs thrown around for fun, and worse yet I've seen them smashed and used as decorations...that's just plain horrible people. Any thoughts on what we should do? Even if it's just a matter of raising awareness.

Ok, I've taken up too much of your time as it is.

Peace

NMH_Yeti

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 10 Dec 2001 :  17:26:34
Unfortuately, first-generation/nubus PowerMacs don't get much respect. They were slower in many respects than high-end 040's like the Quadra 950. However, unlike any 68k's, they can at least be upgraded to G3's (even up to 500MHz now). I don't know whether a G1 preservation society will ever spring up, though.

666th poster to the

sosumi
not the MAF mod

USA
129 Posts
Posted - 10 Dec 2001 :  18:42:53
re: stickers

avery and others make sticky label sheets for printers, download the logo (do we have an official one yet?) and print

sosumi
68k macs liberated:3Go to Top of Page

NMH_Yeti
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts
Posted - 11 Dec 2001 :  00:41:01
sosumi! You're a genius!!! I will take action as soon as I have a functional printer...my okidata finally died after all these sweet blissful years of service.

Oh well, just an excuse to get a lazerwriter I guess.

NMH_Yeti

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 11 Dec 2001 :  05:50:50
Yeah, I suppose the 'homemade remedy' is fin, but I was thinking more along the line of AtAT's stickers. That would mean someone would have to design one, then take it to a company. Actually, cheapo print shops would probably do them, and then we can sell them to members (at cost price .) Does anyone want to do some enquiries and report back?

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 11 Dec 2001 :  08:47:16
There's soooo many print shops here in L.A. it should be easy to find a deal. I'll look around and see.

666th poster to the

Tommy Young
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts
Posted - 11 Dec 2001 :  10:34:14
New to the site . . . and I’m glad I found you guys and gals. Have several old macs I'm working on and I need all the help I can get.

Just a few thoughts. A print shop is going to be pretty expensive IMHO. They'll charge you for the printing, set-up, number of colors, paper, etc. Plus, if your print Q is small and/or the size is not standard the price is going to be pretty steep.

I'd look into something like the Xyron (http://www.xyron.com/). Cheap w/ multiple uses. Plus, it uses acid free paper, so it wouldn't damage the computer in any way. Someone could purchase the machine and print them for a small fee to cover their expenses.

Got one for my girlfriend for X-Mas (she saw it on Martha Stewart -- don't laugh). I ordered a number of lamination cartridges for myself, because I can think of endless uses.

Just a thought . . .

-- TommyGo to Top of Page

Christophillis

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 12 Dec 2001 :  06:07:58
Sounds good every one!!!

Christophillis-
Privite First Class
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 14 Dec 2001 :  05:14:10
I can handle the Australian distribution of the stickers. An initial quote I got was $75 for 300 (in colour), or $60 for a black and white job.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.