All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 Rules on Collecting Old Machines
Author Topic  
Private Entrance
Starting Member

17 Posts
Posted - 09 Dec 2001 :  08:00:33
I saw this while doing research on a friend's Hammomd Organ. While these rules were specifically written with Hammond Organs in mind, just replace the word 'Organ' with 'Macintosh' and 'Hammond' with 'Apple'. And adjust the model designations accordingly.

http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/rules.htm

See I made the mistake of violating Rule #2. My wife immediately spied all my pretty Mini-Macs lined up in a row and said, "So many! Why don't you get rid of a few?"

Private Entrance
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
68k Macs liberated: 5

Tallgeese

USA
523 Posts
Posted - 09 Dec 2001 :  16:40:04

funny.

I wish I could afford to collect Hammonds. Those things are so cool.

Sgt. Tallgeese
Apple II Squad Leader
68k Mac Liberation Army

68k Macs Liberated: 3Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 10 Dec 2001 :  09:33:57
LOL! Man, that's me to a tee.

One time I bought a bunch of macs from a thrift store, and I didn't have any cash so I paid with my debit card. When my wife saw the $40 charge on our bank account I explained to her that I was buying them only to fix them up and re-sell them for more. Well, of course I never did.

Since then, I've learned to always buy with cash. Also, whenever I get new stuff I immediately stuff it in the back of the closet. That way, I can take it out a few weeks or a month later and if she asks about it I just say, "Oh, this old thing? It's been in the closet for a while now..."

Also, I've noticed that it's better to buy internal parts (RAM, drives, etc.) than whole macs because that way you can install them and your SO will never know they're there!

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 11 Dec 2001 :  05:39:12
That is SO true... someone email the guy and ask him if he minds a conversion to 68K relevance.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.