All Forums
 Lounge
 School pha! :p
Author Topic  
catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 25 Aug 2002 :  17:21:24
Well on in 3 days I start school in grade 10 well since it will be a lot of work I won't be on the fourms a lot oh well I'll still see y'all on AIM Well now you know...

-Danny Canadian Sniper Squadron 3 stars.
---------------------------
Servers: afp://* ftp://* hotline://*
"The Site"

*68kdisk.no-ip.com

oldmacman

USA
713 Posts
Posted - 25 Aug 2002 :  18:36:12
I start grade 10 this Wednesday, so I won't be here as much. However, I'll visit when I get the chance. I'm taking Biology Honors, Precalculus Honors, and AP World Life and Literature, and I'm in the top concert band and the top jazz ensemble, so I won't have that much time.

Oh well. School is a good place to find people who have old Macs laying around.

Official 68kMLA Music and NeXT Expert
OpenStep Page at http://openstep.topcities.com/
Macs Liberated: SE (2), IIsi, PB 145b, Quadra 700, 6100 (2), PB 5300, PowerMac 5400/200, Performa 6400/180
PCs liberated from Windoze: 3Go to Top of Page

QuadraJets

USA
344 Posts
Posted - 25 Aug 2002 :  19:33:45
I start my senior year tuesday, and I will be working, at band practice (blech!), and trying to keep up with my homework. I will have to force myself away from the forums. Otherwise, my grades will nuke themselves as they did last year.

I will have some extra time in my agscience class on my smuggled 68k-my Quadra 800, and maybe I can weld myself a custom server case for a 6100 mobo-possibly a future hotline/web/ftp/mail server?

ahhh....'tis the season for hacks

Artillery Commander/Engineer, 68kMLA
Liberated:
LCII , III+, IIci, Q700, 800, and 840av, P550, 410
Contraband: Beige G3/300 MT o/c 400mhz, (2) 6100's
Keeper of the 68kmla Hotline mirror server:
68k.dyndns.org
Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 25 Aug 2002 :  19:54:18
I got kicked of normal school so I go to a half day school where class is 25mins a piece.

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:22
My Death JournalGo to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  05:10:06
Yeah I'm hitting grade 10 wednsday too. Having classes early (cause i cant fit em all in!) and Cross Country this fall, the days are gonna kill me. I may post every once in a while, But I'm afraid I'm gonna have to lurk with you guys.

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

vanman2004
Starting Member

USA
33 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  06:36:45
Ugh, I'm starting grade 9. Oh well, my school uses all macs and I'm taking computer science and digital imaging. woohoo.

MacMoose

USA
176 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  06:56:50
Truthfully, as a parent, I am overjoyed that school has started.(Permanent Grin) I remember the HS and University years, and when you guys make it through, you'll look back and laugh.

------------------
MacMoose
Benevolent Genius, 68k MLA
Total 68K Macs liberated: 9 and counting
------------------
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  07:28:44
quote:

Truthfully, as a parent, I am overjoyed that school has started.(Permanent Grin) I remember the HS and University years, and when you guys make it through, you'll look back and laugh.

HAR!™ I'm laughing now, but things sure have changed, nobody has mentioned babes yet! :rolleyes:

Thanks, 'Moose, laughing is better than realizing there's nobody posting in a thread yet that's older than your own kid!

BLARG!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  11:13:43
I start school soon too, I forgot which day, but on thursday the 29th I think is our "orientation"

Our school uses newer black dells , there's like 10 of them in each science room, other places use the SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWWEEEESSSSSTTTT white dells with win2k. UGH, I'd've been fine with NT4 thank you very much... they used to use LCs with 12" monitors in the elementarys, I think it was something like Q610s in the middle schools before..

I am taking a computer/bussiness/typing class all year, dunno now often I'll be here

Official 68k videographerGo to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  11:22:35
quote:

quote:

HAR!™ I'm laughing now, but things sure have changed, nobody has mentioned babes yet! :rolleyes:

Thanks, 'Moose, laughing is better than realizing there's nobody posting in a thread yet that's older than your own kid!

BLARG!

jt .
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

OI™
who of the MLA has any time for women, and how would the nerdy types like us attract persons of the opposite sex? ATM, I have not dated anyone that has not turned around and pelted out of my life when she heard about my hobbies.
Anyway, my senior year should be interesting. I could have almost graduated at the end of last year, so this year will be a cruise year.

neway, good luck to those incoming freshies and sophomores. (I have not seen any juniors posting in this fourm yet....QUIT LURKING....

have phun
CCC

Master Sergeant
Specialty: Camoflague (Mack Hacking)
68ks Liberated: Too many according to my parentsGo to Top of Page

SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  11:44:32
Oh well - October will mean back to..... oh no I graduated in June! Oh well. I'll just have to keep looking for a damn job now I have an even bigger overdraft to pay off (an extra £400 for my G3) but never mind. I'll get there.

--
Mark Benson

FlatPackMacs http://fpm.gotdns.com

2nd Lieutenant - 68kMLA, LC Quartermaster
Flat Packing Macs for 68k MLA airlift excercises
Macs Liberated = 14!Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  14:06:57
quote:

OI™
who of the MLA has any time for women, and how would the nerdy types like us attract persons of the opposite sex? ATM, I have not dated anyone that has not turned around and pelted out of my life when she heard about my hobbies.
Anyway, my senior year should be interesting. I could have almost graduated at the end of last year, so this year will be a cruise year.

neway, good luck to those incoming freshies and sophomores. (I have not seen any juniors posting in this fourm yet....QUIT LURKING....

Somehow my g/f, of one year in aboot two weeks, finds my geeky nature very attractive!

My skool is also run by evil PeeCee's. What is worse is that they aren't even a "good" PeeCee either (Can I say that?) They are all third party produced and are just horrible Hardware, let alone a clogged and poorly designed network of Win2k (possibly XP, dunno yet)

What IS kool tho is that the elementary skool is *supposedly* getting a whole lab of lampshades! or eMacs, kool either way!

~The Penguin

There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  15:12:23
Well, I'm going into 10th grade tomorrow.

and Penguin, why is it that all the lower grades always get the best computers?

Website(closed):
http://scchicago.dynodns.net
MyForumOnDelphi:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/scchicago
NOTE:HL AND HTTP SERVER ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE WHEN I'M ONLINEGo to Top of Page

Kady Mae

USA
261 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  16:18:24
Well, I for one, am not that happy that school has started again.

I actually had to work today at the reference desk.

68K's liberated: 1
68Ks adopted to loving homes: 2
PowerMacs adopted: 1Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  16:18:31
"Ease of Use"

And the admin up at the elem is a big apple guy so yeah.

~The Penguin

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  17:07:40
What month is your kid, jt?
Anyway, by February I won't be jailbait (gaolbait!) anymore.

Good news on a high school front, a local school one of my friends goes to is swapping all their Rev. As for eMacs, ad he's trying to get me a few.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  17:27:08
quote:

I got kicked of normal school so I go to a half day school where class is 25mins a piece.

Huh? Is that one of those "special" schools for A.D.D. cases? Or reform school

--------------------
keeper of the website , master of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™, and figure-head of the Peoples' PDS Republic
--------------------Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  17:35:13
quote:

What month is your kid, jt?
Anyway, by February I won't be jailbait (gaolbait!) anymore.

Good news on a high school front, a local school one of my friends goes to is swapping all their Rev. As for eMacs, ad he's trying to get me a few.

He turned 17 last month, AFAIK! We've been doing the college tour ordeal this summer, i was feeling REALLY old, walking around campuses in the tour groups with the other parents and their kids. At least until we got to M.I.T. and one of the single mom's was seriously hot, then i felt much better!

It's too bad User Groups are passe, in the olden days, that was a great way to meet potential (denote preference here)AF that didn't NECESSARILY find geeks repulsive! But I was already married already by then anyway. *sigh*

jt .

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  17:38:16
IMHO, the reason that the kidlets in elementary school get better puters is because they are trying to prepare high school students for the real world, and the crap machines are more likley to be found in most places students are going to than the new G4s, iLamps or eMacs.
just my $0.02

CCC

Master Sergeant
Specialty: Camoflague (Mack Hacking)
68ks Liberated: Too many according to my parentsGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  17:43:29
quote:

IMHO, the reason that the kidlets in elementary school get better puters is because they are trying to prepare high school students for the real world . . .

not a chance! parents of elementary school kids want to make sure their kids are getting a good education and push for things like decent computers. by the time your kid"s in high school, you know it's not gonna happen anyway and you just wahnna get'em outta the freakin' house!

jt .

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  20:04:46
quote:

quote:

He turned 17 last month, AFAIK!

Well, here I am.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  21:20:40
My school starts Sept. 3 (11 grade), so now I've got a week where I just can bum around the city, but most of my friends already started school .

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  23:46:46
hehe...3 months till I graduate!!!

lol...with all the crap going on here, i need it!

--------------------------

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.