All Forums
 Lounge
 On a cloud No.9 near you......
Author Topic  
SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 24 Aug 2002 :  16:08:53
Well I'm a pretty happy bunny, no one can stop telling me how great Jag-wire is and how mich faster it is - even on a G3. I'm doubly gleeful, as most ppl will have gathered by now, as I am due to recieve a G3/400 B&W tower next week giving me 2 Jaguar machines (the other being the iBook I am typing on).

Needless to say there is a down side to all this, isn't there always? I have to sell some stuff, including my 7500, to get the money to eaven up in the long term. I will only have to sacrifice 1 68k - a spare IIci - the rest is contraband. Being a 68k nut like the rest of you guys I don't believe in forgetting the past in the name of progress, but needs must and as I have 2 IIcis I thought it was only logical to sell one for a few ££. In a way my recent downgrade of my spare SE/30 to an SE saved it's nutz 'cause now it's not a second SE/30 so I don't have a reason to sell it

My collection will stand at 7 68ks (12 Macs in total including my new 'Yoz' G3) which is a good few. Included under that is a hot-rodded 840av (whose future is kinda in jepardy as I can get a card to run the pair of U160 drives much better in OS X on my G3 for £89) and a tarted up IIci/040 w/ Thunder IV GX. I think it's a collection I can be proud of

Now - anyone out there want a 7100, 7200, 7500 or a IIci and in the UK?.....

--
Mark Benson

FlatPackMacs http://fpm.gotdns.com

2nd Lieutenant - 68kMLA, LC Quartermaster
Flat Packing Macs for 68k MLA airlift excercises
Macs Liberated = 14!

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.