All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 ShuoldIPostThisHere?
Author Topic  
shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 23 Aug 2002 :  14:59:18
I should know where ppl come from, but at times I dont, so when I come here I see somthing of interest but then have to worry about shipping, from say greenland.

Is there a way to let us know where the items reside?

We could all just put our country in the subject!

shaktiman

Quadra 840av 128MB ram 2MB vram cd drive(caddy),1 caddy!:-)1.44 floppy drive,inject :-(1.2 gig drive
2 monitors 15" & 14" os 8.1 56k modem Stylewriter 1200 Zodiac speakers Umax 1220s scanner
3 year old son!

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 23 Aug 2002 :  15:28:19
Hey...um...shakti...it shows the location of the poster over there on the left!

I know what you mean, though, as countries alone don't do all the justice. It would be nice to have anyone posting goods for sale include their general location so that we don't get three posts of people saying "Where are you located?".

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 24 Aug 2002 :  05:26:51
Yeah, While I haven't encountered and "over seas" swaps yet, could imagine how this could be difficult.
The biggest area I think this could come into play would be the AUS/USA difference, seeing as how we have large amount of people in both. Both shipping and Monetary "units" are extremely differnet and can cause problems.

It isn't much effort to go out and do this, and if you personally know you are shipping from the oddest place in the world, I think it should be stated.

~The Penguin

P.S.- Cine, as we all know, those countires are ALWAYS right

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 24 Aug 2002 :  12:49:54
If you only go to the trading post it shows who posted & a subject, not where they reside.

So da penguin I gues from the quote below that the aussies & americans are now vying with us Brits for pompisity!

quote:
P.S.- Cine, as we all know, those countires are ALWAYS right

shaktiman

Quadra 840av 128MB ram 2MB vram cd drive(caddy),1 caddy!:-)1.44 floppy drive,inject :-(1.2 gig drive
2 monitors 15" & 14" os 8.1 56k modem Stylewriter 1200 Zodiac speakers Umax 1220s scanner
3 year old son!Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  12:05:12
if you can find someone that'll help you on the other side, shipping overseas can be easy. just accumulate a full pallet of macs, and shipping by ocean freight is only about $6 a cubic foot. cheaper than ups, because unless the pallet is abnormally heavy, they don't charge weight.

just a little tangental shift to make people think...

CCC

Master Sergeant
Specialty: Camoflague (Mack Hacking)
68ks Liberated: Too many according to my parentsGo to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  13:59:15
Is that implying that all those that want to trade stuff between US and AUS now have a way?! THAT could be kool, to do a big covert ops transportation of 68ks across the pacific!

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.