United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 22 Aug 2002 :  14:41:05
Shall I do this or that?

I want computer acces in my:

Computer room
Bedroom
Living room

shall I aquire a further 2 68k macs(suitably high powered ones) & network the three of them or can I buy an ADB 3 way splitter and trail ADB cable & Monitor cable from my Quadra (in the computer room(now to be known as cr)) to my bedroom(from now on to be known as br) & to my living room(from now on to be known as lr) & attach just extra keyboards, mice & Monitors?

I am inviting a disscussion as much as asking a question.

shaktiman

Quadra 840av 128MB ram 2MB vram cd drive(caddy),1 caddy!:-)1.44 floppy drive,inject :-(1.2 gig drive
2 monitors 15" & 14" os 8.1 56k modem Stylewriter 1200 Zodiac speakers Umax 1220s scanner
3 year old son!

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 22 Aug 2002 :  15:03:31
Hmmm....I'd either get two more macs, or get a PPC laptop. ADB/Mac DB-15 Monitor dongles are hard to come by, especially when you want one for three different monitor/keyboard setups.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!Go to Top of Page

aftermac

USA
80 Posts
Posted - 23 Aug 2002 :  05:43:52
I would definitely acquire additional computers. I have the majority of my computers in the computer room, but my girlfriend and I also have laptops with wireless cards that we use in the living room.

I also have a Quadra 650 and a 15" monitor on a small printer cart that can be unplugged and moved from room to room.

Aftermac

A bandoned, F orgotten, T ortured, E ndangered, R etro, M acintosh, A cquisition, C ommando

5 Apples, 23 liberated 68k's, 9 contraband PPC's, and a Duo DockGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.