All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 Posting 'Incognito' on AppleFritter
Author Topic  
SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 20 Aug 2002 :  15:45:18
This didn't really belong in the original thread ('Ahh.. Coxy - we should change this')

quote:

IMHO, it'd be a WHOLE lot better if everybody used the same UserID on both sites tho! why are so many comrades posting over there incognito?

Mine's not quite the same over on AF (not that I've been in either place at all recently) 'cause it didn't fit in the submission box! Anyone who knows me here calls me SVP so they generally recognise me.

--
Mark Benson

FlatPackMacs http://fpm.gotdns.com

2nd Lieutenant - 68kMLA, LC Quartermaster
Flat Packing Macs for 68k MLA airlift excercises
Macs Liberated = 14!

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 20 Aug 2002 :  18:29:44
Yeah, I have the same name over there, although i don't stop in over there as much. Mainly i think having the Sig close to the same (not stuff like 68k count, more like the traditional, ex. "JT" "dana *something crazy*", ~Da Penguin, etc.). IMHO that is a lot more of the stuff i read than trying to figure out names. Then again *similar* names DO help quickly identify ppl...

Just my small monetary unit

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 20 Aug 2002 :  19:14:40
quote:

Yeah, I have the same name over there, although i don't stop in over there as much. Mainly i think having the Sig close to the same (not stuff like 68k count, more like the traditional, ex. "JT" "dana *something crazy*", ~Da Penguin, etc.). IMHO that is a lot more of the stuff i read than trying to figure out names. Then again *similar* names DO help quickly identify ppl...

Just my small monetary unit

not what i meant, T-Bird! not the sig, the userid, i use Trash80toG-4 anywhere i post regularly. a few of the troops use aliases over there that are unrelated to their MLA names and i thought that it'd be nice to have them the same on both sites.

i knew who SVP was and it's kinda pbvious who the markymark is wherever he posts about mpegdec, but it'd be nice for the new recruits to identify comrades over there. i've found a few more by checking email addies in profiles when i had a hunch about comrades posting incognito, but noobs on both boards wouldn't necessarily catch on.

we're not really sister sites in any real sense, but we're well matched.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 21 Aug 2002 :  04:21:18
quote:
not what i meant, T-Bird! not the sig, the userid, i use Trash80toG-4 anywhere i post regularly. a few of the troops use aliases over there that are unrelated to their MLA names and i thought that it'd be nice to have them the same on both sites.

I knew that wasn't what you were after, I was just sayin its easier for me to read that, rather than their name, when I'm reading a post. On the other hand, When seeing who the last poster was, and you have no idea who it is, it can be difficult.

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 21 Aug 2002 :  11:43:33
Yes I use either catsdorule or Private Saul where ever i login. Though at fritter i've only posted twice

-Danny Canadian Sniper Squadron 2 stars.
---------------------------
Servers: afp://* ftp://* hotline://*
"The Site"

*68kdisk.no-ip.comGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.