68k Peripherals
 SyQuest EzDrive 135MB
Author Topic  
maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 19 Aug 2002 :  04:46:27
I currently have an offer to buy one from a friend of mine. From what i've heard, SyQuest made some pretty good stuff, and seeing as though my click-click went kaput, i need some form of removable storage for my old Macs thats not a floppy drive or another click-click, and i don't want to shell out $200 for a SCSI CD burner! However, i have three questions:

1. How much would one of these babies be worth? It has all the cabling and the power adapter

2. How easy is it to find SyQuest disks, seeing as though SyQuest don't exist anymore?

3. Where the hell can i get drivers? Mac Driver Museum doesn't have drivers for the EzDrive...only the 44mb and 88mb drives...

Also, finally, one other question:

If i do get it, should i burn my click-click?

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 20 Aug 2002 :  04:28:17
Yay...finally answered the Drivers question...found 'em on VersionTracker.

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5

Go to Top of Page

akshaysardessai
Starting Member

India
9 Posts
Posted - 29 Aug 2002 :  02:21:58
I dunno about the US, but here in India, cartridges are abundant. Probably 'cause the print-houses still use SyQuests. Regarding drivers, the latest version of Silverlining will work with even the 20MB cartridges. Not to mention that SyQuest has posted their own drivers @ http://www.syquest.com. Finally, these cartridges outlast your hard disks; only 2 things can affect their effectiveness - dust and drops (don't even try to mount a cartridge following a drop to see if it was damaged by the fall; at the very least, you will end up toasting the drive head).

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 29 Aug 2002 :  04:33:27
Ahh. Thanks for your info...especially the warning about dropped carts. Scary stuff...

"I keep my friends close, but I keep my enemies closer" - Unkown

Warrior maclover5

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.