All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 Freinds...lend me your ear...
Author Topic  
Duckie
Starting Member

6 Posts
Posted - 15 Aug 2002 :  07:10:05
As many of you know, I used to host a server for 68k Macs and was a regular on some of the MLA servers. For those not in the know, I had gig's of OS's, schemes, icons and more hard to find items for 68k Macs...even a few interesting items, like Rhapsody. I still have all of the files i once did and want to offer them to the community again.

Unfortunately, due to financial constraints, I have not been able to re-open the server, update my website, or even access the net, in over 2 months.

I had provided the server free of charge with full access to all(even guests)and without banners. The problem is that I exceeded my bandwidth so my ISP overcharged me according to the bandwidth(they also mentioned the fact that I signed a contract stating i wouldnt provide a server on my connection). I am still paying the bill off. Down to the last $120 US.

I am not a begger or a lazy kid. I am a family man(wife and 2 kids) and do not have the funds right now to re-initiate access to the net. I have a link on my webpage for donations and would appreciate anyones help so that I may continue to provide the latest files and more totally free. I will never have banners or pop-ups, so please don't recommend it.

Thanks for your consideration and I hope to hear from many of you soon.

Duckie

P.S. I have recently aquired a freind inside the ISP who will mask any future issues, but he cannot give me an account.

http://www.therealduckie.com
therealduckie@mac.com

Edited by - Duckie on 15 Aug 2002 07:11:05

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 15 Aug 2002 :  14:29:29
Is there anyway I could grab those files off of you? I'd be willing to host them, even if you DO get ur server back on. I dunno if you could burn a CD (DVD), UL them slowly, etc. I'd be willing to pay for any expense this would require. Also, as soon as I get some more money in my paypal account (it charges me if i transfer from bank, so im tryin to sell some stuff thru there) I plan on making a donation. Hope that one or the other of these two things can help.

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

Duckie
Starting Member

6 Posts
Posted - 16 Aug 2002 :  03:05:09
Da Penguin, Unfortunately, I am using a freinds Dial-Up to reply, so uploading is not an option at this point.

As for burning and sending them...I have over 22 gig's of files.

In other words, that would take forever on my 8x burner, even with 700mb disks.

Thanks for your support, also.

Duckie

Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 16 Aug 2002 :  04:18:47
ahh i c, i didn't realize in how many gigs you were talking here hehe. Well If you ever need serving assistance, my server *should* always be here!

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 16 Aug 2002 :  10:37:07
Maybe you only need enough donations for like 1 month of internet. UL everything to penguin and then cancel your subscription. It's not that I don't want you to have internet, but I don't know if you can get enough people to keep your connection up! I think that might be a slightly futile attempt...if you like the month plan, I'll make a donation

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ 68k Macs liberated: 3}
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

Duckie
Starting Member

6 Posts
Posted - 16 Aug 2002 :  21:34:20
Actually, candyPunk, all i need is to pay off the overdue bill. I can afford the $45 a month after that with no problem.

Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 16 Aug 2002 :  23:00:52
How much is the bill? How long will it take to pay off?

-Danny Canadian Sniper Squadron 2 stars.
---------------------------
Servers: afp://* ftp://* hotline://*
"The Site"

*68kdisk.no-ip.comGo to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 17 Aug 2002 :  05:52:44
He said $120, if you read his original post.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 17 Aug 2002 :  13:20:58
quote:

He said $120, if you read his original post.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0

O hehe

-Danny Canadian Sniper Squadron 2 stars.
---------------------------
Servers: afp://* ftp://* hotline://*
"The Site"

*68kdisk.no-ip.comGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.