Lounge
 Where Have I Been???
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 14 Aug 2002 :  15:17:52
As some of you may know from talking to me privately on IM, I got laid off from AT&T Worldnet at the end of the first week of August. However, I was lucky to find a position hiring for Bertelsmann Services, the third largest media corp in the world, who is going to be doing the phone tech support for Comcast's broadband internet. I interviewedthe same day I got laid off, and after doing a lot of housework and finishingmy third album over the last week and a half, I start training tomorrow!

It's significantly more money than I was making at AT&T, plus the environment is a hell of a lot cooler. I might even be able toafford a new mac in a couple of months!! Just keep in mind that I don't know how freely I'll be able to surf there, so don't expect to see me online over the next week or two. You'll be able to contact me best by email, since that's alwasy easy to get away with.

P.S. - If you haven't already, check out my new website.

I'll be around!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 14 Aug 2002 :  15:30:58
It's great to see you! Been wondering where you went, it's great to hear that you got a better job .

-Danny Canadian Sniper Squadron 2 stars.
---------------------------
Servers:
afp://68kdisk.no-ip.com l/p 68kmla/68000
hotline://68kdisk.no-ip.com
ftp://68kdisk.no-ip.com
Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 14 Aug 2002 :  17:19:14
Good to hear! Having no job can be a serious bummer, I know.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 14 Aug 2002 :  18:09:37
Schweet! Sounds like you've found yourself a good job. Glad to see you're finally away from those PeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeCeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees that you had to deal with so much. Do you get to use Macs on the job? Seeing as though its a media company and all that, i was thinking you would. Either way, good luck!

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 15 Aug 2002 :  08:19:13
Welcome back, Cinemafia! Good luck with your new job, and I hope your design company does well. Did you decide on which new mac you want to get? Oh, and please check your last trading post thread-people (like me) are still waiting for their stuff.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 15 Aug 2002 :  10:55:23
Just wishing you luck,

&.........

I got tv in from my vcr, I missed an 8x cd drive on ebay, which would've reduced by a quater the time it takes to record cd's(1 hour 15 mins at the moment).

shaktiman

Quadra 840av 128MB ram 2MB vram cd drive(caddy),1 caddy!:-)1.44 floppy drive,inject :-(1.2 gig drive
2 monitors 15" & 14" os 8.1 56k modem Stylewriter 1200 Zodiac speakers Umax 1220s scanner
3 year old son!Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 15 Aug 2002 :  15:05:25
quote:
Glad to see you're finally away from those PeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeCeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees that you had to deal with so much. Do you get to use Macs on the job? Seeing as though its a media company and all that, i was thinking you would.

Well, unfortunately, I didn't. We're using Compaq's running Win 2k here, but at least that's better than 98 and NT 4. We will be taking mac calls, but they'll be very few. Oh well, it's still a much more laid back company than I was with before...and I'm getting more money so that makes me happy.

quote:
Did you decide on which new mac you want to get?

Well, I was planning on getting an eMac with a SuperDrive, which is $1,500 as of late. However, Sonnett just released an 800MHz G4 upgrade for PCI PowerMacs...I never expected that! $400 is a lot for a chip upgrade, but it's tempting.

quote:
Oh, and please check your last trading post thread-people (like me) are still waiting for their stuff.

I'll have to check it out!

quote:
I got tv in from my vcr

Glad to hear it, shakti! Keep on truckin' with that 840av!!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!Go to Top of Page

amanda00

USA
71 Posts
Posted - 16 Aug 2002 :  11:22:31
*waves to Cine*

peace out,
<3 AMANDA <3Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.