All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Hubs
Author Topic  
foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 07 Aug 2002 :  07:35:35
I need two hubs. 4 port is all the more that I NEED.

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 07 Aug 2002 :  09:59:20
What kind of hubs?

-Danny Canadian Sniper Squadron 2 stars.
Tones of mac junk in the corner of my closet.
-----
All servers currently off 'till I get a dedicated server.Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 07 Aug 2002 :  21:01:13
The kind that have 4 ports then the port that sends all that out so that it can hook up to my switch.

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 07 Aug 2002 :  21:26:18
quote:

The kind that have 4 ports then the port that sends all that out so that it can hook up to my switch.

Ah! So you want a 4/5-port 10BaseT Ethernet Hub (as opposed to a USB hub :-).

That said... I've got a largish (wide enough for 19" rack mounting) D-link 12-port hub with AUI and BNC uplink ports. I would be willing to let it got for shipping costs plus something (money or interesting swap) to make it worth my trip to the Post Office.

<<<john>>>

Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2002 :  08:14:43
quote:

Ah! So you want a 4/5-port 10BaseT Ethernet Hub (as opposed to a USB hub :-).

ya, I tend to forget about the USB hubs so I just write hub autmatically implying Ethernet.

quote:

That said... I've got a largish (wide enough for 19" rack mounting) D-link 12-port hub with AUI and BNC uplink ports. I would be willing to let it got for shipping costs plus something (money or interesting swap) to make it worth my trip to the Post Office.

I'm sort of new to the world of networking, you say AUI and BNC uplink ports, that isn't RJ-45 then is it? So, I'd have to get some sort of adaptors for the uplink ports I would assume. Are the uplink ports what I use to beam the data to my switch, or where I actually plug in from my computers? If all I have to do is get adaptors for uplink to my switch with RJ-45s as the input from computers to hub, then I'm interested.

Now, how much do you want, or what are you interested in trading for, and what would an estimate on shipping be? To see some of my items that I have for trade, topic.asp.TOPIC_ID=1574.html go there. If nothing on that list appeals to you ask about something, and I'll tell you if I have it. If you would like, we can continue this via e-mail to keep prices and such private. foetoid@mac.com

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 08 Aug 2002 :  13:59:00
quote:
quote:

I'm sort of new to the world of networking, you say AUI and BNC uplink ports, that isn't RJ-45 then is it? So, I'd have to get some sort of adaptors for the uplink ports I would assume. Are the uplink ports what I use to beam the data to my switch, or where I actually plug in from my computers? If all I have to do is get adaptors for uplink to my switch with RJ-45s as the input from computers to hub, then I'm interested.

Sorry... more detail... the hub is roughly 19"x2"x4". On the front are 12 RJ-45 ethernet ports. On the back are a standard power cord socket, a BNC connector, and an AUI connector.

The BNC and AUI are presumably there to connect the hub to a larger ethernet backbone network. For your purposes, I would find the shortest 10baseT crossover cable I could find and plug one end into one of the 12 ports and the other into your switch. That's the simplest solution.

quote:

Now, how much do you want, or what are you interested in trading for, and what would an estimate on shipping be? To see some of my items that I have for trade, topic.asp.TOPIC_ID=1574.html go there. If nothing on that list appeals to you ask about something, and I'll tell you if I have it. If you would like, we can continue this via e-mail to keep prices and such private. foetoid@mac.com

Hmm... building a PB 500 sounds interesting, though it would probably be a lopsided trade. Drop me an email and I'm sure we can settle on something.

<<<john>>>

Edited by - jruschme on 08 Aug 2002 14:01:38Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 09 Aug 2002 :  15:48:29
i emaied you

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.