All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Wanted: HD for 9600
Author Topic  
titok16

USA
116 Posts
Posted - 29 Jul 2002 :  20:43:48
well, the hd is broken in my mom's 9600, which she borrowed from school where she works. Anyway, since we got it home (I don't know if it had been doing this beforehand) it would freeze for like 20 seconds every few minutes, or when I tried to save a game or something.
when i turn it on, it makes like a sloooow laser blast sound, which lasts like 2 seconds...I'm pretty sure its the hd spinning down every few seconds...
anyway, the disk won't boot up, so I have to boot from a cd. when i get around to it, the sys profiler shows the information for the disk, but says that there is no disk in the hd. drive setup says the same thing.
im praying that when i get norton, it will be able to fix it. think it will?

well, my last ditch effort is to buy a new internal scsi drive in the 4 gb range for about $10...think you can sell me something near that? the size isn't really that important, but >2.5 gigs or so.
mainly, the price is important, and i would hope i could get all the major apps installed onto it (the school had put them on, but i can't get to the disks over summer)
thanks, i guess
hehehehehehehehehe
tito

Tito
Hawaiian 68k sniper
Macs Liberated:
Powerbook 145(kia)
Powerbok 150(kia)
Powerbook 160(kia)
Apple \\c (now dead)

Edited by - titok16 on 30 Jul 2002 23:29:19

titok16

USA
116 Posts
Posted - 02 Aug 2002 :  13:40:29
bumpedy dump...come on, its a really common drive right? tito

Tito
Hawaiian 68k sniper
Macs Liberated:
Powerbook 145(kia)
Powerbok 150(kia)
Powerbook 160(kia)
Apple \\c (now dead)Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.