68k Conquests
 Check out CCX in Houston, Texas
Author Topic  
enigmatik
Starting Member

5 Posts
Posted - 25 Jul 2002 :  09:35:10
I caught the guys in a good mood.
They were asking $40 each for Mac IIcis, but I talked them down to $20 for one. That's before I had a peek inside one of them and saw the Radius Rocket 25, the eMachines ColorLink and Asante ethernet card.
Picked up a spare IIci for parts, and a Deforma 475.
Prolly go back and snag all three of their Color Classics - they're asking $50 each.
Apparently they have no idea how much these little machines are going for on eBay right now.
I'm going to mod all of them at least to '040s, and one to PowerPC if I can get the parts.
Oh, and I picked up two used Sony 17" monitors for like $80 each.

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 25 Jul 2002 :  18:59:50
quote:

Prolly go back and snag all three of their Color Classics - they're asking $50 each.

I'd remind them that those little buggers are nine years old and have a 10 megabyte RAM ceiling and a screen resolution rivaled by those IBM POS registers at Giant Eagle. I'd try to get them to bring the price down to about ten to fifteen dollars (US). After all, I only paid five for mine.

--------------------
keeper of the website , master of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™, and figure-head of the Peoples' PDS Republic
--------------------Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 26 Jul 2002 :  23:10:12
quote:

I'd remind them that those little buggers are nine years old and have a 10 megabyte RAM ceiling and a screen resolution rivaled by those IBM POS registers at Giant Eagle. I'd try to get them to bring the price down to about ten to fifteen dollars (US). After all, I only paid five for mine.

did you not hear him say that he is going to do a mystic on one and a takky on another if he can find the parts???
if you are going to do ethier, do the vga mod as described in the color classic compendium (Site by stuartbell) also check out the applefritter fourms in the color classic section and post your questions/concerns there. sorry, but I am strapped for time, and I cannot inclue the CC compendium link in this post, will follow up.
CCC

Master Sergeant
Specialty: Camoflague (Mack Hacking)
68ks Liberated: Too many according to my parentsGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.