Myhomage
Author Topic  
shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  15:04:28
Hahahahaha

I missed the p?

anyhow I have created & posted for the first time ever a homepage. It needs alot of work.

I used transmit as the ftp software & it seems a very decent bit of programming.

How did 68kmla come into existence?

I am asking from the perspective of hoping to create a similar phenomonem.

shaktiman

Quadra 840av 128MB ram 2MB vram cd drive(caddy),1 caddy!:-)1.44 floppy drive,inject :-(1.2 gig drive
2 monitors 15" & 14" os 8.1 56k modem Stylewriter 1200 Zodiac speakers Umax 1220s scanner
3 year old son!

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  15:07:31
My homepage is..............................

http://users.pgen.net/shaktiman/

shaktiman

Quadra 840av 128MB ram 2MB vram cd drive(caddy),1 caddy!:-)1.44 floppy drive,inject :-(1.2 gig drive
2 monitors 15" & 14" os 8.1 56k modem Stylewriter 1200 Zodiac speakers Umax 1220s scanner
3 year old son!Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  15:42:12
quote:

My homepage is..............................

http://users.pgen.net/shaktiman/

3 year old son!

you're ahead of me shak! i've just got three picture galleries and no homepage so far!

wasn't your son only two until recently? birthday? or am i mistaken? my son just turned 17!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  19:03:53
quote:
my son just turned 17!

Is he an active 68k-er as well, or has the apple (no pun intended) fell far far far from the tree

--------------------
keeper of the website , master of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™, and figure-head of the Peoples' PDS Republic
--------------------Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  19:25:21
The forums were started because we got more or less kicked out from the MacAddict Forums for 68kMLA purposes, any my friend both ran his own server and had a copy of this forum software.

The website started as a place to gather 68k specific resources, and when I get on the Mac there will be an update...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  19:42:10
quote:

quote:
my son just turned 17!

Is he an active 68k-er as well, or has the apple (no pun intended) fell far far far from the tree

HAR! :rolleyes:

how much of the stuff YOUR dad thinks is cool, do YOU think is cool?

his school is a hotbed for debian development, AFAIK. LOTS of mac bashers, even faculty in the computer science department. that's where i saw the double row of (fugly) MolarMacs in the library and couldn't believe the fell out of the orchard!

the little . . . so and so . . . has got my (flight sim) K-6 box under his desk for America Offline Dialup and a Road Apple Digital Media Hub complete with DVD and 17" Sony Monitor and cableTV/VCR/network feed right there in his room! used to be my Quadra 630 until i downgraded it. it's cool tho, i set it up with an OmniPort Dual Platform KVM switchbox and a PowerKey so he just presses one button to switch between MY stolen K-6 and the Digital Hub. the whole system powers up with the remote if the switch on the PC is on.

i think he's got this notion i'm his IT department or something, dunno . . .

jt .

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  19:44:54
I guess you're right...my old man is a shutterbug and that type of stuff bores me to death...

I occasionally thumb through his "Popular Photography" every once in a while when I'm bored, though

--------------------
keeper of the website , master of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™, and figure-head of the Peoples' PDS Republic
--------------------

Edited by - FireWire is fast on 23 Jul 2002 19:46:00Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  19:53:25
quote:

I guess you're right...my old man is a shutterbug and that type of stuff bores me to death...

I occasionally thumb through his "Popular Photography" every once in a while when I'm bored, though

yeah, i spoiled that one for my kid too! what kind of equipment and kind of photography does your das bore you with? i'm into collecting classic professional level interchangeable lens rangefinders and lenses for street photography and photojournalism kinda stuff.

jt .

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  20:15:53
quote:

what kind of equipment and kind of photography does your das bore you with? i'm into collecting classic professional level interchangeable lens rangefinders and lenses for street photography and photojournalism kinda stuff.

I'm letting my ignorance bleed through, but I haven't the foggiest idea!

--------------------
--------------------Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  20:24:58
quote:

quote:

what kind of equipment and kind of photography does your das bore you with? i'm into collecting classic professional level interchangeable lens rangefinders and lenses for street photography and photojournalism kinda stuff.

I'm letting my ignorance bleed through, but I haven't the foggiest idea!

jt .

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  20:56:10
quote:

Sounds like my Dad and my huge stack of MacAddicts. Sometimes when he gets bored he has a read and then goes and asks me the definitions of all these buzzwords. And yes, he does refer to me a lot as his "IT Consaultant".

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 23 Jul 2002 :  23:33:54
I do an awful lot of free tech support for the Office-users in our household. It sucks!

Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 24 Jul 2002 :  00:53:45
quote:

I do an awful lot of free tech support for the Office-users in our household. It sucks!

Mayor of NuBus City v3.0

oh ****, join the club!

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 24 Jul 2002 :  01:07:10
My son loves the Performa, but I have to sell it.:-(

I will buy him a better one anyway, what I want is an 040 with cd drive but in a pizzabox case.

My sons birthday was in January.

shaktiman

3 year old son!Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 24 Jul 2002 :  06:07:42
quote:

i'm into collecting classic professional level interchangeable lens rangefinders and lenses for street photography and photojournalism kinda stuff.

Really! Maybe you could give me some advice. I've got this kit of two old Leica screw-mount bodies (one with flash capability) and four lenses, which I am contemplating selling. Where's the best place to scout out prices--besides eBay? Is there a camera-collector's price guide, or something? I'd like to maximize the return, as I want to buy a good digital SLR, and then get a G4 with a big HD and iPhoto...

/Mr Lynn

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 24 Jul 2002 :  07:33:50
quote:

Is there a camera-collector's price guide, or something? I'd like to maximize the return, as I want to buy a good digital SLR, and then get a G4 with a big HD and iPhoto...

i don't know much about the selling end of things, just the acquiring and hoarding part! McKeown's and another guide i can't think of offhand used to be good, but i'm afraid to look at eBay, i'll bet that the prices i paid over the years have dropped significantly do to the eBay phenomenon.

email me a list of what you've got and i'll try to remember what i can, i don't have access to my book and magazine reference collection ATM. Google! lemme know if anything interesting turns up.

jt .

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jul 2002 :  08:19:47
My dad is really into trains, and baseball...both of which bore me to death. However, I did pick up three very important things from him. The love of photography, volkswagens and Apples. Although, he's much more into air-cooled veedubs than I am, but other than that we do have those three things in common!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.