Balloon Help
 Anybody Have/Use an ATTO II?
Author Topic  
cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 03 Dec 2001 :  15:00:55
When I got my IIfx it was missing the internal SCSI filter, and searching eBay I could only find one seller that ever has them. However, the starting bid was more than the cost of getting a basic Nubus SCSI card. So, I got an ATTO Silicon Express II card (10MB/sec, 50-pin) for a couple bucks. Only, I still can't boot up the IIfx with it. It just sits there on the splash screen for whichever video card I put in it (I have four).

So, I checked out ATTO's site to see if it needed any special drivers. As it turns out, they only have drivers/software for their Silicon Express IV, which is a 20MB/sec, 68-pin card. I downloaded them and put them on the drive that I was using but it still won't boot. So, now I have to decide whether should try to get one of the IIfx internal filters or whether I should get a card that has more support, like the SE IV or better yet, an FWB JackHammer. Any suggestions?

Lieutenant EL CINE, 666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Master of the Mac II series forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 4

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 03 Dec 2001 :  15:05:51
Ahhhh, I think I'm just going to try to get a JackHammer. I just searched eBay and even "ye Old Mac Milt" doesn't have a IIfx SCSI filter, but there are two JackHammers up with 3 and 4 days left respectively. Hopefully they won't go over $50...

If I can get the ATTO II to work, I'll just use it in my IIci.

Lieutenant EL CINE, 666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Master of the Mac II series forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 4Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.