Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Mac II Line
 IISI
Author Topic  
mattminserlg15

70 Posts
Posted - 19 Jul 2002 :  00:00:06
I just got my hands on a IIsi, somebody made a poor atempt at painting this one blue. Anyways, its got 17mb of ram and a 100mg HD. Its also got the nubus adapter and an enet card.

I'm curious if theres any neat use or hack for one of these. I keep staring at it and can't really find a thing to do for it. If anyone has some interesting ideas let me know.

I was also curious if anyone has actually tried a IISI nubus adapter in an SE/30. I know there has been lots of talk of it on fritter and on LEM but i have never heard of anyone trying it.

Anyways, let me know....

oldmacman

USA
713 Posts
Posted - 19 Jul 2002 :  05:47:45
It doesn't really do that much other than word processing and light gaming. You could install A/UX on it if you wanted, but it would run really slowly. NetBSD runs on it, so you could probably make a router out of it. The motherboard video is crap - be sure to use IIsi RAM Muncher if you plan to use it.

If nothing else, head over to http://mac.the-underdogs.org/ and find some games for it. They won't run fast, but they'll be playable.

Official 68kMLA Music and NeXT Expert
OpenStep Page at http://openstep.topcities.com/
Macs Liberated: SE (2), IIsi, Quadra 700, 6100, PB 5300, PowerMac 5400/200, Performa 6400/180
PCs liberated from Windoze: 3Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 19 Jul 2002 :  09:11:24
All of the compact Macs and Mac IIs will run useful apps, e.g. Claris/AppleWorks, FileMaker Pro, Word, Excel, PageMaker, MacDraw Pro, etc., etc. Of course you need older, leaner versions than the current ones. And you have to decide if its cool enough to be working on an antique to justify neglecting your G3 or G4....

/Mr Lynn

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.