PowerBook
 Asante Netdock madness!
Author Topic  
iscamac
Starting Member

7 Posts
Posted - 16 Jul 2002 :  15:48:19
Hi
Has anyone got an Asante Netdock to work with a duo280c (7.5.5)?
I've got both and trying to make a connection with my imac (9.2.2). Tried through 10baseT hub and ethernet crossover, tried classic and open transport and te best I get is green light on dock and green light on hub but when I try to switch to ethernet socket 3/alternative ethernet I get an error and it politely switches back to local talk. Networked through Duodock2 and crossover cable .. no problem!!!!
Inconclusive e mails to Asante support.
Searches on the web turn up mostly either adds selling these docks or requests for help in getting them to work.
Someone must have a working one somewhere ... what is the secret.
Of course mine might be faulty ..... :(
Help please
Iscamac soon to be madiscamadmac

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 24 Jul 2002 :  06:19:00
I had this problem with my PM7500. the system software was copied from another computer which DID NOT HAVE ETHERNET! try reinstalling your system software while you are docked, and the system software KNOWS what it has to work with.

Thnx
"Signs! Signs! Everywere, signs! Blockin' out th... SHUT THAT DAMN HIPPIE MUSIC OFF!"

Go to Top of Page

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 24 Jul 2002 :  06:54:22
quote:

Hi
Has anyone got an Asante Netdock to work with a duo280c (7.5.5)?
I've got both and trying to make a connection with my imac (9.2.2). Tried through 10baseT hub and ethernet crossover, tried classic and open transport and te best I get is green light on dock and green light on hub but when I try to switch to ethernet socket 3/alternative ethernet I get an error and it politely switches back to local talk. Networked through Duodock2 and crossover cable .. no problem!!!!

Some random thoughts...

1) Do you have any driver resources from other Ethernet cards installed in your System file? It might be worth using ResEdit to remove any "eth" or "eth0", etc resources from the 'drvr' resource of the System file and then reinstalling the Asante software.

2) Have you tried it using the Apple built-in Ethernet driver instead of the Asante drivers? I was under the impression that the NetDock could be recognized by the Apple driver.

<<<John>>>

Go to Top of Page

iscamac
Starting Member

7 Posts
Posted - 25 Jul 2002 :  15:21:57
Hi
Thanks for these .. I was wondering if there was anyone out there!
I am still wondering if there is anyone who has this set up working!!
Bit stuck with reinstalling software with dock in place .. duo has no floppy drive unless you have a floppy dock and floppy dock is not the one with ethernet :(
I'm sure that there are no other ethernet drivers in the system and I tried uninstalling the asante driver but hit the same error with the apple one.
Ho hum ... madness is replaced with weary resignation .. unless there are any other suggestions.
Cheers
Iscamac

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.