All Forums
 Lounge
 Hi from Sunny (??!!) Scotland
Author Topic  
SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 16 Jul 2002 :  05:24:59
Hello folks. In an easyInternetCafe in Edinburgh (Rose St. to be precise for those among you who know the place) This place is great - I have a 24hour pass and it only cost me £3!! Anyhoo... It's grim outside and raining so I can see myself being in this place for the rest of the damn day. It's got coffee and stuff on tap and you can reserve your computer for up to 30mins to stop ppl piching it while you go get some coffee and a danish. The only trouble is they are all stinkin' HP PCs with horrid clacky keyboards. It's better than nothig I guess - I'm on AIM and Yahoo if anyone is around in the next few hours...

--
Mark Benson

FlatPackMacs http://fpm.gotdns.com

2nd Lieutenant - 68kMLA, LC Quartermaster
Flat Packing Macs for 68k MLA airlift excercises
Macs Liberated = 14!

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 17 Jul 2002 :  08:59:04
Nothing's worse than a PC with a clacky keyboard...I'm using an Apple/Bondi USB keyboard on mine at home, and it makes it feel a lot better.

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!

Edited by - cinemafia on 17 Jul 2002 08:59:25Go to Top of Page

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 17 Jul 2002 :  09:42:55
quote:

Nothing's worse than a PC with a clacky keyboard...I'm using an Apple/Bondi USB keyboard on mine at home, and it makes it feel a lot better.

It's a personal thing. Me, I have a somewhat hard touch and used to *love* the old IBM keyboards with the spring action. Very clicky...

<<<john>>>

Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 18 Jul 2002 :  00:48:03
quote:

quote:

It's a personal thing. Me, I have a somewhat hard touch and used to *love* the old IBM keyboards with the spring action. Very clicky...

<<<john>>>

LOL i love the old spring action ones too! Otoh, my Apple Extended Keyboard II has the nicest feel of them all, and heh, after 9 years, you can still smell the "new" smell if you put your nose up close enough!

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 18 Jul 2002 :  16:01:43
I used to go there all the time! EasyEverything was great until they wouldn't let you burn CD's any more.

Those were the days Napster and cheap CD burning! With their connection you could download at least 10 MP3 simaltaneously in barely a minute!

They give you access to the USB ports but I could never get my MP3 player / USB HD to connect properly, it'd be interesting to know if you can use those USB keyring thing drives.

And when you're done with EE you've got the Rose Street Fry next door!!!

Edited by - gothikon on 18 Jul 2002 16:07:44Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.