All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Looking for a small Duo RAM
Author Topic  
jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 11 Jul 2002 :  11:30:57
Anybody got a spare Duo RAM card that they'd let go for postage or a small trade/token?

Don't ask me why, but I took pity on a mangled 210, figuring it would be a good chance to use the various spares I collected after my 230 debacle. Anyway, the thing has only the base 4mb, so I'd like to pump it a bit while avoiding SAF factors.

Thanks...
<<<john>>>

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 11 Jul 2002 :  11:39:24
quote:

Anybody got a spare Duo RAM card that they'd let go for postage or a small trade/token?

i think i've got a 4 or an 8 MB card around IIRC, that'd be in the token/trinket exchange class if you don't get a better offer. i'd really have to dig for it, but you can bet it's in a box somewhere around here.

maybe somebody else will save me the trouble of looking for it with an offer of an 8 or a 12 MB card.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 11 Jul 2002 :  12:53:17
I have two 8MB Duo RAM chips that I can't seem to get rid of. You can have either or both of 'em (in case one doesn't work) for postage or small trade. Got any white apple stickers?

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!

Edited by - cinemafia on 11 Jul 2002 12:53:54Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 11 Jul 2002 :  15:28:12
quote:

I have two 8MB Duo RAM chips that I can't seem to get rid of. You can have either or both of 'em (in case one doesn't work) for postage or small trade. Got any white apple stickers?

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!

Edited by - cinemafia on 11 Jul 2002 12:53:54

I do, ask me.

-----
Hotline address: 216.130.83.216 (Closed)
TCP/IP server : 216.130.83.218 L: 68kmla p:68000
Http Server URL: Http://homepage.mac.com/catsdorule/ (Web access to manuals)
FTP Server: ftp://216.130.83.218/Library/WebServer/documents l/p 68kmla/68000Go to Top of Page

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 11 Jul 2002 :  20:15:29
quote:

Cool. I figured that you, Trash, or Wonko would have one. :-)

I don't have any white stickers, though... just a few rainbow ones.

Send me the details of postage via email. (I presume a small padded envelope should be sufficient, no?)

Thanks...
<<<john>>>

Go to Top of Page

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 13 Jul 2002 :  19:12:32
quote:

quote:

i think i've got a 4 or an 8 MB card around IIRC, that'd be in the token/trinket exchange class if you don't get a better offer. i'd really have to dig for it, but you can bet it's in a box somewhere around here.

I figured you might have one left over after that Duo parts lot you got off ebay. BTW, how did that work out?

<<<john>>>

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 13 Jul 2002 :  19:30:30
quote:

I figured you might have one left over after that Duo parts lot you got off ebay. BTW, how did that work out?

i think i got a 32 MB card in that deal, but i haven't tried it and i gave up with IC labeling and calculations in the 30 pin SIMM era!

i've got some small ones from here and there.

haven't tried any of the mobo's yet, i need to send some shekels to cinemo for a 280 with a dead mobo and then i'll test them. looks like a brand new color LCD and other than that i don't even remember what was in the lot!

i was thinking of dropping you a line, my Mac286 came in yesterday! it's a 10 megahertz AST version, i wanted to ask if i should test it in a II, IIx or a IIfx? i got the software from the links on your site and i'm looking forward to playing with it sometime in the next year or two! <rolleyes>

so many toys, so little time! *sighs*

jt .

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 14 Jul 2002 :  20:36:39
quote:

i was thinking of dropping you a line, my Mac286 came in yesterday! it's a 10 megahertz AST version, i wanted to ask if i should test it in a II, IIx or a IIfx? i got the software from the links on your site and i'm looking forward to playing with it sometime in the next year or two! <rolleyes>

Any of the above is fine. I've run one in all of them. Just remeber, though, it only works in 24bit mode and, on a IIfx, with the serial ports set to compatible.

<<<john>>>

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 14 Jul 2002 :  21:26:06
quote:

quote:

Any of the above is fine. I've run one in all of them. Just remeber, though, it only works in 24bit mode and, on a IIfx, with the serial ports set to compatible.

sounds like i need to use one of my IIx's then. LOL! it's been so long since i ran in 24bit mode that i don't even remember the maximum RAM config! <rolleyes>

i pulled out my old 386SX board to check the proc, but it's in a PGA package, so i can't try it out, oh well!

thanks for the info!

jt .

ramito
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts
Posted - 24 Aug 2002 :  22:10:08
I just salvaged a Powerbok 150 & would love to beef up the Ram a bit, but have no info. I read it can go to 40 megs - how is ram added? Also, I bought a powersupply on ebay for a few b ucks as it has none. I thought it cahrges while you are working, but after an hr or more I pull the pulg & after a minute or 2 the thing dies. Can the battery be bad? thanks!

Go to Top of Page

kastegir

USA
58 Posts
Posted - 25 Aug 2002 :  00:09:16
Yeah, your batter is probably bad. I got a 180 off ebay a week ago and the battery only runs for like 5 mins before dying. Anyoe got a source for batteries for 1xx powerbooks?

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 25 Aug 2002 :  08:33:39
quote:

Yeah, your batter is probably bad. I got a 180 off ebay a week ago and the battery only runs for like 5 mins before dying. Anyoe got a source for batteries for 1xx powerbooks?

search the forums here and on fritter for "amnesia" to find discussions about rehabilitating them and search for "recell" and "re-cell" fo . . .

jt .

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.