All Forums
 PowerBook
 Macintosh Portable overclock or '010 upgrade
Author Topic  
boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 06 Jul 2002 :  12:06:35
i read on another thread in the quadra forum that the '000 and the '010 were compatible with eachother, and could be swapped at will. (with the right tools, and the correct amount of boredom ;)) or i could just find a way to overclock it... since I feel like doing something with a techie twist to it, and since my macintosh portable feels like it could have just a little bit more oomph... well.. you know!

does anybody know where to get an '010? (i mean, I cant find a THING on it on the motorolla site...) or does anybody know anything about overclocking these beasts? uhhh... i guess thats all... i'm tired... (hey! I only had 11 hours of sleep last night!)

ThNX
68K macs liberated: 8
68K macs given a new home: 6

"waiter! there's a human corpse in my soup!"

Captain Z
Mobile Ops Commander

USA
637 Posts
Posted - 10 Jul 2002 :  12:28:55
The only reason why 68010 processors are uncommon is because the performance diference compared to the 68000 is barely negligable. It was more cost effective to get the go to the 68020.

------------------
Captain Z - Mobile Operations Commander
68K Macintosh Liberation Army

20 68K Macs Liberated

Visit Captain Z's Starbase of EV StuffGo to Top of Page

boredomconquersall

Canada
613 Posts
Posted - 10 Jul 2002 :  22:56:09
how do you do those fancy quote things?? oh well... to answer your question, it may not be much of a proformance enhancment, but one none the less, and since:
a) the portable doesnt take the same card type as the SE
and
b) the 68010 is pin compatible, so I can just swap them without any extra hardware or software
and (of course)
c) I'm really REALLY bored
I thought it would be the best option, the second best is overclocking, but I dont even know if that is possible!

thnX
"I think it would be used best for HUMAN FLESH!!"

Go to Top of Page

aftermac

USA
80 Posts
Posted - 12 Jul 2002 :  08:14:43
quote:

how do you do those fancy quote things??

Just click on the reply icon above the post you want to quote. It is the last icon... the one with the arrow pointing to a sheet of paper.

Aftermac

A bandoned, F orgotten, T ortured, E ndangered, R etro, M acintosh, A cquisition, C ommando

5 Apples, 23 liberated 68k's, 9 contraband PPC's, and a Duo DockGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.