Balloon Help
 Color Classic LC575 upgrade help
Author Topic  
option8
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts
Posted - 05 Jul 2002 :  14:56:59
i've managed to get my hands on an lc575 motherboard, which i understand is the motherboard of choice to replace the CCs original mobo.

i put the required system enabler 065 1.2 in the system folder (i'm running 7.6.1 on the CC now), popped the new motheboard in and rebooted. happy mac, yay!

silly me. nothing on this machine is that simple...

bus error. restart with extensions off.

bus error. still. bleah.

what do i need to do that i've missed? any ideas? is there something more to it than the system enabler file? some extension, etc, i need?

-------
option8
-------

option8
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts
Posted - 05 Jul 2002 :  15:09:33
digging a little further, i find that the motherboard i received didn't come with a battery - it apparently mounts to the board in a little square of velcro.

could the lack of a motherboard battery be giving me a bus error? i would have thought it would forget its settings and not keep up with the clock, etc...

could it be that easy?

-------
option8
-------Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 05 Jul 2002 :  15:16:06
quote:

digging a little further, i find that the motherboard i received didn't come with a battery - it apparently mounts to the board in a little square of velcro.

could the lack of a motherboard battery be giving me a bus error? i would have thought it would forget its settings and not keep up with the clock, etc...

could it be that easy?

dunno, but if you wanna do a CC upgrade, the place to go is the CC forum over on applefritter, there's quite a bunch of CC hacking fanatics over there that're more than happy to get somebody else hooked on modding that oddball little compact whith the 9" color CRT.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

p.s. btw: welcome aboard and don't forget to hang out here too, comrade!

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 05 Jul 2002 15:18:02Go to Top of Page

option8
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts
Posted - 05 Jul 2002 :  20:17:58
thanks for the tip. the guys at applefritter helped me out - pointing out that i needed to read the FAQ more carefully... oh well

now, i am happy to report, i have my color classic playing MP3s that are sitting on my appletalk file server using mpegdec, through a couple of convenient cables, through my stereo (which was the whole point of the upgrade exercize)

fun.

-------
option8
-------Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 05 Jul 2002 :  20:20:38
quote:

thanks for the tip. the guys at applefritter helped me out - pointing out that i needed to read the FAQ more carefully... oh well

fun.

de nada, glad it worked out!

live and learn, that IS the fun part!

welcome aboard!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.