68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 PowerBook 540c for sale w/extras! LOADED!!!
Author Topic  
David I.
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts
Posted - 27 Jun 2002 :  22:37:01
I’ve got a PowerBook 540c in the following condition and with the following items.

Unit has been cleaned by me personally and is in great condition. Has some wear (paint beginning to come off) around the edges on the lid. Back port door is intact, display access cover has been taped on and holds fine, screen has one very tiny knick on the left side (about ½ an inch from the side and about in the middle), perfect working keyboard, perfect working trackpad and clicker, hinges work great, clip that holds the unit closed works fine, back feet raise and lower fine, battery bays hold batteries in place, all ports work, internal mic works, has built-in modem (the guy I bought it form said it works, but I’ve has no need to try), plastics are clean; a rub mark on the lid and a 1” scratch on the lid, no cracks, all screws are there, apple logos there, sleep light works, screen bumpers there too. Screen has no dead or stuck pixles.

Has 33MHz daughter card installed, 20MB RAM installed (16MB card), Global Village Power Port Mercury modem card installed, modem, good floppy drive, good 500MB HD with system 7.5.5 install and modem software. System has bad PRAM battery, but is only $24 shipped on eBay.

I’ll include the following:

Power Adapter w/original power cord

PowerUser AppleTalk dongle w/terminator

Home-painted gloss black mouse w/silver Apple logo

Two batteries. One has been opened and does not fit correctly (does not work), and the other one is fine (has not been opened) and had a good charge of one (1) hour last time I used it. They are not warranted or guaranteed. Last time I did that, it didn’t work the way it was supposed to because of USPS.

External PowerBook monitor adapter

PowerPort 500 V2.5.5 on floppy

Intelligent Battery Update on floppy

External Supra Express 144 Plus data/fax modem (ADB powered!) Working w/4 conductor phone cord.

Mouse pad

Replacement 33MHz daughter card

Replacement 1.44MB SuperDrive

4MB RAM card

Replacement internal screen cable (goes form display to unit)

VST Auto Adapter 500 in box with all docs and software.

Apple carry case with old Apple logo in front. Has one front zipper compartment, two non-zipper back compartments, and a few compartments inside. Has handle and shoulder strap. In nice condition.

I also have a PowerBook 520c screen that is in nice condition with a slight modification to hold the back and front screen plastics together. Ask for details.

Asking $175 shipped.

Thanks for reading another one of my posts :).
D.I.

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 27 Jun 2002 :  23:07:12
Pictures please

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:18
ENTER THROUGH THE GATES

Edited by - TiMacLover on 27 Jun 2002 23:08:03Go to Top of Page

David I.
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts
Posted - 28 Jun 2002 :  13:10:45
I've thought a little more about this and I've decided not to sell it. I'll need the ethernet here on our network when I need the fast web browsing. Sorry all.

D.I.

Go to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.