All Forums
 PowerBook
 all hooked an' nowhere to go!
Author Topic  
noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 29 Nov 2001 :  18:34:51
Urrrrrgh! Dang powerbookthingamabob!!! I've just unwrapped my brand new HDI-30M to Centronics 50M cable and attached it to the 540c and my old but reliable Phillips CDD2000 and promptly ran through the SCSI ids from one end to the other and got not a single CD boot. I know the discs I'm using are bootable, the cd works just fine and the 540 is supposed to work. I've got every book I own open on the table but don't see any magic tricks. I did get a flashing question mark when I tried id 0 just to see if the cable was in one piece. I'm restarting, holding C down, same old startup routine that freezes due to lack of Appearace Lib..
I thought sure I'd have this thing zeroed out and zooming (relatively speaking) with 7.6.1 by this time. No wonder I've never owned one of these......

Captain Z
Mobile Ops Commander

USA
637 Posts
Posted - 29 Nov 2001 :  22:24:25
Double check and see if you have the Apple CD drivers installed. If worst comes to worse, you may have to reinstall the OS.

------------------
Captain Z - Sniper
68K Macintosh Liberation Army

17 68K Macs LiberatedGo to Top of Page

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 30 Nov 2001 :  00:53:47
Bonehead that I am it never ocurred to me that there would just as likely be NO cd drivers in the 540 since it doesn't have one. I would have moved on to hooking it up to a new (relatively speaking) desktop I just saved at the University Surplus but discovered that a caddy loading cd actually has a thing called a "caddy" in it and of course mine didn't. Who knew?

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.