Repost of Duo 230 system
Author Topic  
David I.
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts
Posted - 23 Jun 2002 :  00:56:30
I've still got the Duo 230 w/the following items:

Working external floppy drive (sorry, no floppy adapater)

Working Duo Dock (1) (replaced floppy drive)

Working Duo 230 in great condition. Next to the bad screen plastic where the screws go through that hold the front to the back. I trimmed them down with a dremmel, so it looks fine now. Ask for a pic if you need one. The original 80MB HD does not work, but I will include it. Has built in 14.4 Apple Express modem (should work) and 18MB RAM with the 16MB(?) RAM modual. All keys work, trackball works, screen works too.

Working Duo 280c power adapter.

Working 2 conductor phone cord

One good type 1 Apple battery. Is not gurrenteed though. Held a 45 minute charge last time I used it. Only seems to work when a system is booted off the HD though.

One bad type 1 Apple battery with battery case, and one bad BTI type 4 battery.

As-Is Duo 210-231 interconnect board.

Working Duo 12MB upgrade modual.

As-Is Apple Express 14.4 modem card. Turns the computer on fine, but not sure it it'll connect or anything.

One good power cord. (black)

Replacment Duo 210-230 speaker, brightnes/contrast button assembly, display to mobo cable, and interconnect board to inverter board cable. All in good working condition.

All of this was cleaned/inspected/tested by me personaly. I do not warrenty any of this. But I will put insurrence on it if you like. I'm selling it for $50 or trade for a good working Sega GameGear with three games, and power adapter. Shipping is $20. If its more, I'll pay for it :).

Thanks,
D.I.

P.S. if you need a certain part from the Duo or something from the list, I'd be glad to trade for GameBoy stuff. Don't need a light, so please don't offer one :).

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 23 Jun 2002 :  08:15:06
quote:

I've still got the Duo 230 w/the following items:

Working external floppy drive (sorry, no floppy adapater)

Working Duo 230 in great condition. Next to the bad screen plastic where the screws go through that hold the front to the back. I trimmed them down with a dremmel, so it looks fine now. Ask for a pic if you need one. The original 80MB HD does not work, but I will include it. Has built in 14.4 Apple Express modem (should work) and 18MB RAM with the 16MB(?) RAM modual. All keys work, trackball works, screen works too.

Replacment Duo 210-230 speaker, brightnes/contrast button assembly, display to mobo cable, and interconnect board to inverter board cable. All in good working condition.

P.S. if you need a certain part from the Duo or something from the list, I'd be glad to trade for GameBoy stuff. Don't need a light, so please don't offer one :).

Out of curiousity, how much would you want for just the floppy and the speaker/interconnect/cable/etc. assembly?

I don't have any GameBoy stuf to swap, but I do have a working (albeit noisy) 80mb drive from a Duo 230.

Thanks...
<<<john>>>

Go to Top of Page

David I.
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts
Posted - 23 Jun 2002 :  08:43:02
If the drive works, I'll take it. Just as long as your are sure it will work when it arrives. But the HD will be fine for the floppy drive. I'll take $5 for the speaker/interconnect/cable. But tell me if I got this wrong, you want the following items:

As-Is Duo 210-231 interconnect board. (???)

Working external floppy drive --no floppy adapter-- (sorry, forgot to mention that the floppy drive doesn't have the front cover/stand. Other than that. It works great.

D.I.

Go to Top of Page

jruschme

USA
196 Posts
Posted - 23 Jun 2002 :  17:52:24
quote:

If the drive works, I'll take it. Just as long as your are sure it will work when it arrives. But the HD will be fine for the floppy drive. I'll take $5 for the speaker/interconnect/cable. But tell me if I got this wrong, you want the following items:

Working external floppy drive --no floppy adapter-- (sorry, forgot to mention that the floppy drive doesn't have the front cover/stand. Other than that. It works great.

I'll pass on the as-is interconnect board, but want the floppy and the other assembly.

I just sent you an email with my contact info. Send me your address and I'll get the 80mb drive and $5 out to you within a couple of days.

Thanks...
<<<john>>>

Go to Top of Page

David I.
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts
Posted - 24 Jun 2002 :  10:28:27
What other assembly? I don't recal another assembly anywhere. These are cables and the as-is interconnectboard. no inverter board or anything else.

Now that I've found an HD for the Duo, its not for sale. Sorry.

D.I.

Go to Top of Page

David I.
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts
Posted - 01 Jul 2002 :  22:21:11
John, I sent your stuff out today.

Have fun!
D.I.

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.