Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Whole bunch of old macs to trade
Author Topic  
superiorstudio
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts
Posted - 28 Nov 2001 :  08:21:43
I have an attic full of 68k macs that I want to get the hell out of there. Not that I don't love them, I will just never get around to using them. I inherited them from a local newspaper who used to use them for writing copy and classified ads and had them all networked together. What I would like in trade is some kind of powerbook which I can give my wife to use. The comps will go to the person who proposes the best trade, as judged by me.

I am not at home to post a more specific list, but here is roughly what you would get. If you are interested let me know and I will make a more detailed list.

- several Classics
- several IIfx's
- a few Quadras and Centrises
- a couple of pizza-box LCs
- a box full of networking cables and adapters
- a couple of old monitors, at least one of which is a grayscale portrait monitor
- miscellaneous old bits of software on floppy including system disks, HyperCard, etc.
- probably some other stuff I am forgetting

Most of the comps are in good working condition, though some are better than others. Same with the monitors. Some will be good only for parts. I have not set the comps up on a network (except for direct sharing using a crossover cable).

Obviously in trade I would like something that is usable out of the box. I would propose that we each pay our own shipping, which of course would put a greater burden on me, so if you have any suggestions for cheap shipping (or if you have a pickup truck and live nearby) that will be a factor. I live in New Brunswick, Canada, so preference will be given to folks within driving distance.

Please drop me an email at superiorstudio@mac.com or reply here if you have any questions or trades.

"Cartooning will destroy you. It will break your heart." - Charles Schulz
---------------------
www.superior-studio.com

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 03 Dec 2001 :  00:16:36
You said you have networking things. Do you have any AAUI ethernet adapters? Or the old Appletalk connections or really anything to connect some 68k up. So how much for one of those apple IIs?ok thanks

jeremy

"If we go down the shitter the whole ecosystem goes down the shitter."

Steve Jobs

My AOL, AIM Sceen name is got 007s milk

Covert Ops
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Macs Liberated:15Go to Top of Page

superiorstudio
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts
Posted - 03 Dec 2001 :  09:18:09
Please read the post. Nothing is for sale. It all goes or none of it goes at this point. I'm not going to ship out all of this stuff piecemeal.

As for the network adapters, there are these weird black box things used for networking the Classics, and some FriendlyNet adapters. Many of the comps have built-in ethernet cards.

"Cartooning will destroy you. It will break your heart." - Charles Schulz
---------------------
www.superior-studio.comGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.