All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Help me ship my ebay stuff!
Author Topic  
Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 14 Jun 2002 :  07:52:31
Ok guys and gals, help the penguin ship his ebay stuff from california to PA! 2000+ miles, ouch that hurts! so c'mon and buy some of the following:

-PM 7200/120 2GB HD, 40 MB RAM, CD, Floppy

-PM 7200/120 mobo

-PM 7200/90 mobo

-PB 170 80 MB HD, 8 MB RAM (Space boy, hop in quick if u still want!)

-nubus 24 XP pro radius video card

-Global Village 56.6k serial modem w/ manual, no drivers (should be built in to most OS's) (scchicago, jump in quick if u still want!)

Cash preferred but all trades looked at! Just offer me whatever u want for anythign u want. (that sounded funny but u get the idea!)

~The Penguin

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline Server

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 18 Jun 2002 :  17:28:20
I'll drop $30 in the mail tomorrow for the modem if no one else wants it.

Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 18 Jun 2002 :  18:26:09
Sounds goodd, no one else has expressed intrest. That will cover shipping and all, thanks a bunch. (I'm assumign u have my addy still?)

~The Penguin

P.S.- The complete 7200 *may* not be available. I may need the PSU for the beige G3 coming in from Timac...

There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline Server

Edited by - Da Penguin on 18 Jun 2002 18:29:43Go to Top of Page

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 18 Jun 2002 :  22:14:21
Maaaaaaaaaaaan I have my address written on a litle note pinned to my sleeve in case I get lost. You'd best refresh my memory chips.

Go to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 20 Jun 2002 :  10:11:35
quote:

-Global Village 56.6k serial modem w/ manual, no drivers (should be built in to most OS's) (scchicago, jump in quick if u still want!)

Oh well. I was scared to contact you about the modem because there were no drivers and i was worried that it might not work with my LCII. I couldn't have fronted $30 either for a modem.

Website(closed):
http://scchicago.dynodns.net
MyForumOnDelphi:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/scchicago
NOTE:HL AND HTTP SERVER ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE WHEN I'M ONLINEGo to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 20 Jun 2002 :  10:13:19
is that 7200 a complete system?

Website(closed):
MyForumOnDelphi:

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 20 Jun 2002 :  10:44:07
The 7200 is not complete as of right now. The PSU is out of it because i may need it for the beige G3 coming in from TiMac. Otherwise its fully loaded. If/when the beige comes in and it works, it will be a whole system.

~The Penguin

68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 20 Jun 2002 :  11:06:04
I'm a little interested in the 170, would you like to trade anything for it? Does the 7200/120 mobo come with RAM and could I use a PSU from a Quadra 700 with it (could I use it to upgrade a 700)?

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 20 Jun 2002 :  11:15:12
The 7200 mobo can come with *some* RAM. Probably just enough to start it up (8 MB). I'll have to dig around and make sure I have it somewhere, but pretty sure i do. SpaceBoy doesnt seem interested in the 170 any more so its open.

In terms of the PSU and all that, i honestly do not know at all. You would have to ask someone else, ive never owned a q700.

~The Penguin

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 20 Jun 2002 :  18:33:34
oh well. I don't really have a use for parts right now. I need more complete systems. Right now I need monitors.

Website(closed):
MyForumOnDelphi:

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 21 Jun 2002 :  12:22:22
Okidokie that works. BTW, the NuBus card is a Radius
Precision Color Pro 24x. Matched with one i found from a link from nubus city. Just fyi.

~The Penguin

hemyockgd
Starting Member

5 Posts
Posted - 21 Jun 2002 :  18:44:21
PB 170: still avail? complete and functioning?

Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 22 Jun 2002 :  05:45:48
No one has for sure called the PB 170. Wonko is the only one who has even put interest into it. If he wants to let it go then by all means its available. And it is in perfect working order as well.

BTW, im going to be at the local Relay For Life Cancer fundraiser, so i wont have access to a computer the next two days, so dont expect a quick reply from me.

~The Penguin

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 22 Jun 2002 :  19:54:56
Does the 170 have batteries/a power brick? I could give this to my sister, she needs a laptop for college, but I need to give her working batteries.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 23 Jun 2002 :  10:29:58
No working batteries, this was the same PB 170 that experienced the exploding battery syndrome a few months back. The AC adapter is included though (i can even give u a battery charger, just still, no battery)

~The Penguin

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 29 Jun 2002 :  09:07:22
Wonko, u still interested?

Everything is still available except the modem.

~The Penguin

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 02 Jul 2002 :  06:22:40
Help me out here guys, read this line of type and tell me what you think it means:

Global Village 56.6k serial modem w/ manual, no drivers (should be built in to most OS's) (scchicago, jump in quick if u still want!)

I read it, got the impression that it was for a 56.6K modem and made the boy an offer which he accepted. I fired off a money order for the agreed upon amount and three weeks later a box shows up. Imagine my surprise when upon opening it I find a Global Village Bronze for the Performa line, circ 1993. I figure the sellar must have had several units for sale, got mine mixed up. I write him a pointed note suggesting he made a shipping error that he might like to correct. I get two letters in reply. The first seemed reasonable enough in which he offered me a refund:

Ok geez sorry. I had never used an old modem and didnt know any of that.
Calm down I can send you your money. You want a M.O. i take it? lemme
know how you want it sent and ill get on it asap. Geez

~The Penguin

Two geez, almost made me feel a little guilty but as I've been conned a few times in here before, not quite. Right below this note was a follow up. Probably had a beer or two to fortify himself. Or maybe a big glass of warm milk, whatever:

Come to think of it, that WAS the modem i was going to send you and i
advertised what was right on it. So no i didn't cheat u and yes u can
slam me all u want. I advertised what i saw and you questioned none. I
have held up my side of the deal, so go ahead, slam me if u want, i got
enough of a response i don't really care. And seeing as how i don't sell
on ebay, not much you can do there, so have fun. I did everything fairly
and just cause u perceived it wrong your blaming me. I don't see that as
good business at all. Have fun slamming.

You will notice that in this note we have no mention of a refund and evidence that strongly suggests the need for a more powerful eyeglass persrciption. I would advise anyone considering a purchase or trade from this fellow to reconsider. It's a little hard to believe that in this day and age a mac owner who has been one for a while who considers himself a collefctor doesn't know the difference between a fairly new piece of gear and one that is roughly nine years old. And once he screws you it somehow becomes your fault because you didn't ask the 'right' questions.

Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 02 Jul 2002 :  16:25:07
It sure is funny how you didnt post your emails here, isnt it?

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 02 Jul 2002 :  16:43:57
quote:

It sure is funny how you didnt post your emails here, isnt it?

to paraphrase netpuppy:

NERD FIGHT!

. . . whatever, keep it civil and private if you can, guys.

i'm curious tho, is it bronze or 56k? the age of the modem shouldn't be an issue unless there weren't any 56k modems back then. i have a feeling that there was a mixup on the spec. as that might be the case, dunno, work it out.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 02 Jul 2002 :  16:51:49
Whaaaat? You mean the ones where I accuse you of being a thief and a liar? If I had saved them I'd gladly stick 'em up here for all to see. YOU ARE A THIEF AND YOU ARE A LIAR, where's the problem here? You ripped off, pally, and then you tried to make it my fault and the best you can do is whine about my language? Gee Mr sensitive thief and liar, I do apologize for the tears you must have shed. I'm looking at the calendar, we have a family reuinon next year in upstate New York...perhaps I could come by your place with a Hallmark card and make up?

I'm through with this place, out of four deals where I sent the trade goods or money agreed upon three of them never quite managed to happen as advertised. Call me crazy but I choose to trust folks, especially ones who are supposed to have some sort of code of honor going on. If I hang around here any longer I'm thinking I most likely won't feel that way anymore. Adios, and if anyone does any business with this clown you shouldn't complain when the same thing happens to you since you've been more than adequately warned.

Go to Top of Page

noirwest

USA
59 Posts
Posted - 02 Jul 2002 :  16:56:44
Yeah, it's a Bronze, says so on it and on the manual. In the back where the specs are clearly laid out a max speed of 2400 is described. There's no way the sender didn't know what he had. Why don't you buy something from him and get something else in the box? It's not quite as entertaining when you're on the receiving end.

Go to Top of Page

titok16

USA
116 Posts
Posted - 03 Jul 2002 :  16:10:55
how much for the pb??????
tito
20 bucks?
tito

Tito
Hawaiian 68k sniper
Macs Liberated:
Powerbook 145(kia)
Powerbok 150(kia)
Powerbook 160(kia)
Apple \\c (now dead)Go to Top of Page

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 03 Jul 2002 :  16:44:09
Seems to me a modem either is 56K or it isn't. The forum description says, 'Buyer beware', but IF someone is deliberately misrepresenting an item and refuses to make good, there ought to be some consequence. Is it time for the MPs (the forum Moderator?) to step in?

/Mr Lynn

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 03 Jul 2002 :  16:54:06
pb is for $45 shipped.

In terms of the modem, it was a mistake on both ends. Both he never questioned what model and i never double checked. I'm done with it and he is too, so that is that.

~The Penguin

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 10 Jul 2002 :  05:54:12
This matter has been brought to my attention via email and I'm not very happy about it either. I would like this place to be somewhere where you'll know what you're going to get, and not get ripped off.

This place is buyer beware, but it doesn't mean that fraud is allowed. Your posts states a 56k modem, this is not really something which can be explained away as an oversight.

Remember, this forum assumes no responsibility, but we will cooperate with 'the Feds' if it came down to such a thing. If you use an ISP, you're pretty much trackable. What am I saying? Please don't rip people off, if the matter is at an end, fine. Consider yourself warned.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.