Balloon Help
 Apple 600e
Author Topic  
muteCrius
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts
Posted - 12 Jun 2002 :  08:32:42
Ok I have this nifty little drive and it works. what I want to know is how to make my audio work right.

It is atached to a Performa 475. It plays audio cds *if* I plug my speakers in to the headphone jack on the front, it has left/right audo output on the back, I have a CD audio cable [left/right>headphone]

On the performa there is a speaker jack and a microphone jack.

Does anyone know how to make this work? or at lest know where i can fina a manual for the @#$^ thing?

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 12 Jun 2002 :  09:12:51
i'm not sure i understand the configuration you are describing or the problemn you are having.

try approaching it from the point of view of the functions you wish to enable.

it sounds as if you should like to use an adapter with a pair of RCA plugs for the back of the CD that has a female headphone jack. i don't think the 475 need be involved at all for listening to music cd's.

otherwise, outline the functions and we can figure something out.

welcome aboard!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 12 Jun 2002 :  10:00:56
The 600e should have RCA audio outputs on the back along with the headphone jack on the front, thus you have two options for playing audio from it.

#1 Run a male-mini to male-mini auio cable from the headphone jack on the 600e to the microphone jack on the 475.

#2 Run a dual male-RCA (stereo) to male-mini audio cable from the 600e's rear RCA outputs to the microphone jack on the 475.

Either way, the next step is to go the sound control panel and set input to "sound in" and enable te "listen" option. #2 is preferred because you get a cleaner line-level signal (unamplified).

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!Go to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 13 Jun 2002 :  04:41:56
Sorry to have to say this, but i'm not sure if this can be done. I tried this on my LCIII a few years ago, and it simply cannot be done.

Also, one other thing is that the LC475's mic jack is actually a PlainTalk jack, so if you just plug in a normal miniplug, it may not work.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 13 Jun 2002 :  07:16:07
quote:

Sorry to have to say this, but i'm not sure if this can be done. I tried this on my LCIII a few years ago, and it simply cannot be done.

Also, one other thing is that the LC475's mic jack is actually a PlainTalk jack, so if you just plug in a normal miniplug, it may not work.

i am at a Loss as to WHY anyone would WANT to do it? the sound coming off the back of the CD is cleaner than anything you can get out of a mac, if you want to do sound, hunt down the LC version of the PAS 16 and use the breakout box for the stereo in and out.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.