LC / Performa
 NuBus PizzaBox Hack?
Author Topic  
Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 11 Jun 2002 :  17:55:05
we discussed using the IIsi adapter in the LC PDS (in a previous thread that i couldn't find) and ML% reported that it wouldn't fit in the PDS in his machine.

one of my eBay arrivals today was a IIsi NuBus adapter slated for my NuBusMiniDock hack, but i pulled it off the frame and it is currently sitting happily in the PDS of a 475.

my head isn't working very efficiently, so i'd like to ask if anybody thinks i'll kill either the 475 board or the IIsi NuBus adapter card if i fire it up?

dunno, i'm inclined to try it.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 12 Jun 2002 :  05:25:37
well jt, i didn't actually try it. I just sat an LCII and a IIsi next to each other, and took off their lids, and realised my errors. You might be able to get it to work in a 475 or anything else with an extended LC PDS (anything LCIII and upwards), but i'm not sure. I wimp out when it comes to these sort of things...

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 12 Jun 2002 :  07:35:33
quote:

well jt, i didn't actually try it....

<rolleyes> shoulda SAID so, comrade! i almost neglected to try it out, but i figured maybe it was the short slot you were trying and i figured a lil plastic surgery might do the trick.

now i need the PDS pinouts for all the LC slots and the IIsi slot. i have the apple book on the SE/30, IIci, and IIfx already, guess it's time to buy another one!

there are six missing connections between the two interfaces at the break in the extended LC PDS corresponding to rows 33 and 34 on the SE/30, IIci and IIfx. i have to assume that some major remapping will be necessary. the ground line is something i can probably live without, but i kinda think i'm gonna need Address lines 6-10 for some reason.

>8-\

no time to google around for them, but pinouts for the IIsi and 475/605
and a line on small quantity sources for eurocard connectors (wirewrap would really be excellent) would be helpful if anybody knows of anyplace to look.

google seems particularly unhelpful when looking for electronics parts in small quantities. bleh!

jt .
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

shaktiman

United Kingdom
1226 Posts
Posted - 12 Jun 2002 :  12:41:38
ect:
Re: Question for seller -- Item #2030274776
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:22:30 +0100
robbie graham <brains.greymatter@btinternet.com>
To:
<shaktiman@pgen.net>

> I am not sure what this item is. I have a quadra 840av and
so am pretty sure
> it would be compatible.
>
> what is it & what are the tech specs?
>
>
> Scott
> --------------------
>
>
> Question from: sshaktimann
> Title of item: APPLE ANGLE ADAPTOR WITH VIDEO
CARD
> Seller: robbsie
> Starts: 06-Jun-02 16:39:36 BST
> Ends: 13-Jun-02 16:39:36 BST
> Price: Currently £3.00
> To view the item, go to:
>
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2030274776
>
>
>
> Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at
http://www.ebay.co.uk
Hi there, the angle adaptor was to allow the slimcase/pizza
box (610, 660,
6100 etc) style of mac to accept a Nubus card, mostly for
graphics. Don1t
know the specs for it but its part no. is 820-0378-A. You may
be able to get
something from the apple site or www.lowendmac.com. If you
are still stuck I
could send you a quick pic of the item
Cheers
robbie

I recieved this email about the aforementioned item on ebay, I thought you guys might be interested. I was gonna post and ask if it was worthwhile for me but I cant be bothered; lol

shaktimanGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 12 Jun 2002 :  20:51:24
quote:

well jt, i didn't actually try it. I just sat an LCII and a IIsi next to each other, and took off their lids, and realised my errors. You might be able to get it to work in a 475 or anything else with an extended LC PDS (anything LCIII and upwards), but i'm not sure.

nobody should try it on any LC or 6XX '030 PDS, i found the pinouts for these and the IIsi and the pinouts for the PDS connectors aren't even close to being pin compatible.

signal compatibility is a different story tho!

i now have a table of the three PDS slots setup in a spreadsheet and 96 signals are labeled exactly the same on all three machines. not including miscellaneous matchups of unconnected, reserved, missing and extra power and ground lines i have 34 discrete signals to match up from functional descriptions from the developers notes. (btw: six of these are identical matches between the LCIII extended PDS and the 6XX version of same) several of the clock signals that do match across the board are likely to have incompatibility problems if i get that far.

next is to see how closely the Duo '030 PDS docking connector maps to the IIsi in terms of signal compatibility. <rolleyes>

doesn't look easy, but it still seems promising!

jt .
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.