Lounge
 6100 miracle......or voodoo!?
Author Topic  
QuadraJets

USA
344 Posts
Posted - 08 Jun 2002 :  21:54:07
Long post.

I bought a 6100 mobo off of penguin, to replace a fried 6100 that I got a year ago (this one didn't have a video signal, didn't chime all the time, and never tried to boot, with or without cache, even with a new pram battery ). The motherboard that I bought off of penguin is dead, it just makes a "POP.....pop" sound over the speaker. I tried the ROM from my other working 6100, and it still popped. I tried it with no ram in the slots, good ram and cache from the other 6100, and even a fresh pram battery. I confirmed that one dead, but then, for the heck of it, I decided to try the "fried" mobo, which had been hanging on the wall of my room for a few months, stuck to the wall in my brother's dorm with double sided foam tape, and it fell 5 or more feet more than a few times. The "dead" motherboard was transported to and from valparaiso (about 160 miles each way, on Indiana roads) in a cardboard box with a bunch of other stuff on top of it, including a stylewriter 2500. After it came back home for the summer, it was nailed to the wall in my room again.

I stuck the ROM from penquin's mobo in the fried mobo, stuck it in the case, hooked up the power cable, screwed it down, and plugged in the monitor and power cords. I pushed the power button, IT CHIMED!...but nothin...THEN I HAD A BLINKING ? !!!!!!!!
This thing was working!!! I hooked up a hard drive from the lcIII+, and it booted to 7.6!

now tell me that this isn't amazing

Artillery Commander/Engineer, 68kMLA
Liberated:
LCIII+
LCII
Performa 410
IIci
Quadra 700, 800, and 840av
Performa 550

Contraband:
Beige G3/300 MT o/c 400mhz
2 6100's

Keeper of the 68kmla Hotline mirror server:
68k.dns2go.com

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 08 Jun 2002 :  23:12:41
Thats cool, as King Of Pizza Boxs, great job!

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:18
ENTER THROUGH THE GATESGo to Top of Page

G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 09 Jun 2002 :  06:15:47
Its a MIRACLE, Hallelujah!!

I wonder if everyone should send their fried mobos to QuadraJets for this miraculous "Cure" Perhaps ailing Macs everywhere will need to visit QuadraJets for the laying-on-of-hands (or laying-on-of double sided foam tape). I can see it now, thousands of Macs lined up outside the shrine to St. QuadraJets.

(Hmmm.. course, maybe it was Da Penguin's magic ROM of Resurrection?)

Anyhoo, glad ya got a happy Mac,

G4From128k

by Day: Mild-Mannered Engineer and Trapeze(tm) Artist
by Night: Colonel of Truth, Justice, and the Macintosh Way
Reserve Officer in 68kMLA Cantankerous Coot Contingent
& User of the Hockey Puck Mouse of Radial SymmetryGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.