All Forums
 68k Peripherals
 Spigot Power AV Problems
Author Topic  
SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 06 Jun 2002 :  10:28:30
I can't get my new Spigot PowerAV to work. It's new out of the box/wrapping/antistatic bag etc. and was still sealed when I got it so I severely doubt the card is dead.
Whenever I load up Mac OS with the extension there is no evidence it has gailed to load, yet the Spigot PowerAV Player app says it hasn't loaded ("can not open export component, Spigot POwer AV extension may not be loaded"). I'm perplexed. I tried 8.1 and 7.6 and even downgraded to Quicktime 1.6.3. I suspect my problem is I only have v1.0 of the drivers. Maybe cinemo or one of you other guys can shed some light on my situation.

BTW I can't go earlier than 7.6.0 as I have an FWB RAID 0 array on my Jackhammer (also newly installed and going like a train ) adn it doesn't load in 7.5.5 (I don' t have the FWB RTK extension installed, does that help??).

--
Mark Benson

Visit FlatPackMacs Online
http://fpm.gotdns.com

We have feets

Wooohoo! I have a green star

Macs Liberated = 10

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 06 Jun 2002 :  10:41:52
Mine was new in the box, too, and is working fine. I'm guessing that's it's probably an extention and/or QuickTime conflict, though. I'll have to check some stuff out and get back you! Glad to hear the RAID is purring!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 06 Jun 2002 :  10:43:01
rebuild the desktop?

then do the extension shuffle, cine' may be right.

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 06 Jun 2002 10:44:52Go to Top of Page

SiliconValleyPirate

United Kingdom
273 Posts
Posted - 10 Jun 2002 :  15:53:40
Man do I feel like an idiot. All I had to do was attach a monitor to the onboard video. I spent 4 days swearingand getting dispondant repeatedly and now I find it was just becuase the video sub-system doesn't play through NuBus video cards and so if there is nothing on the AV Ports _or_ the monitor port it assumes you don't want to use the video function and diables the Spigot AV Extension.

Now I have it working in 7.6 I have a different dilema. I am using Avid Video Shop 3.0.1 (came with my 630's TV Kit) but it doesn't want to recognise the video input. I open the Recording window and it doesn't show any video picture. I select "Video Settings" from the "Recording" menu and it doesn't open the dialog, it jst turns the video off.
I tried QT 2.1 instead of 2.5 and now it just instantly shoots up a dialog that says either the disk or RAM is full when it's lying, I have 17GB free space fer gads sakes! I am at my wits end. At least the card wasn't DOA, I had to get it shipped to me via a friend in Michigan so I think returning it would have been a little tricky!

--
Mark Benson

FlatPackMacs
http://fpm.gotdns.com

2nd Lieutenant - 68kMLA
LC Quartermaster
Flat Packing Macs for 68k MLA airlift excercises

Macs Liberated = 14!Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 11 Jun 2002 :  09:02:47
quote:
Man do I feel like an idiot. All I had to do was attach a monitor to the onboard video.

Sorry, I should have told you that!!!!

My Spigot AV didn't work off a Nubus video card, either, then I RTFM and realized you have to use onboard video, too. I completely forgot about it!

quote:
I am using Avid Video Shop 3.0.1 (came with my 630's TV Kit) but it doesn't want to recognise the video input.

I'm almost positive that AVS doesn't work with the Spigot Pro. Do yourself a favor and just throw AVS out the window, it's useless! Get Premiere 4.x and you should be fine. It's on Quadra's hotline server!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
I Have No Legs!

Edited by - cinemafia on 11 Jun 2002 13:36:58Go to Top of Page

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 11 Jun 2002 :  13:21:55
I wish I had a video-editing system

Website(closed):
http://scchicago.dynodns.net
MyForumOnDelphi:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/scchicago
NOTE:HL AND HTTP SERVER ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE WHEN I'M ONLINEGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.