68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Lounge
 Marchie is healed! Updates from the Hare...
Author Topic  
Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 30 May 2002 :  18:19:47
Hi there everyone...

Sorry I haven;t been around for a couple weeks.

I was in a bit of a car accident on May 16th, and had a nasty (to me anyways) case of whiplash and a couple cuncussions.

I was rear ended by a black, new looking Mark VIII (Lincoln I think.. buick?). I drive a 1991 Dodge Shadow. who do you think won?

Well, you might be surprised. My car is in ok shape. It needs a new back bumper, and the drum brakesfor the rear are crap now. The driver of the Mark VIII slammed on their brakes... which made sure that their front end dropped and my trailer hitch embedded itself in their radiator. Ah, the wonders of useing your car as a utility vehical.

one concussion came from the back of my head slamming back into my headrest. The second came from me jumping out of the car in half shock, screaming things like "You Bloody Bas Tard!" and "What in Hades were you doing on my tail you moron?" which is when I slipped on the radiator and brake fluid all over the ground, and hit the left side of my head on the airfoil on the back of my car.

That's when the cops (which had been in the parking lot across the street) reached us and made sure I was ok. (The female cop looked like Daphne from Fraiser)

So, eventually I didn;t need surgery, and I was deemed ok to be set loose upon the world again. On a positive note, I was part of 2 medical studies while I was there got paid $300.

So I'm reporting back to duty, and catching up on all the happenings.

And so, to JT, and Penguin and Noirwest:
JT: I still need payment for the 950, need my address again?
noirWest: I'm SO sorry! your package and Penguins were in my car, and I have her back now. They were just sent out.

So, have a nice day everyone.. and remember: Closed head injuries are FUN, and nursing interns will take VERY good care of you if you compliment them and slip them chocolate.

~Marchie

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~

Captain Z
Mobile Ops Commander

USA
637 Posts
Posted - 30 May 2002 :  18:55:47
Wow. I had no idea any of this happened. I never suspected it because I've seen your screen name on AOL Instant Messanger quite regularly. Either way, welcome back comrade!

------------------
Captain Z - Sniper
68K Macintosh Liberation Army

18 68K Macs Liberated

Visit Captain Z's Starbase of EV StuffGo to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 30 May 2002 :  18:58:42
Hey welcome back! Tell your sister (i hope thats who that was...) thanks for helping so much. While i Didn't get details out of her i head something had happend. Glad to hear your ok and nothing turrible and permanent going on.

~The Penguin with best wishes

|Captain, Intelligence Operations|
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 30 May 2002 :  19:09:13
quote:

Wow. I had no idea any of this happened. I never suspected it because I've seen your screen name on AOL Instant Messanger quite regularly. Either way, welcome back comrade!

welcome back comrade!

LOL! you musta gotten quite a whallop, marchie! you said you were going to email me in the forums that perticular evening a while back and i still haven't gotten anything from you! never got your address or a shipping amount! check your sent file, if you did email me forward it to the addy in the profile! i sorta thought you didn't really wanna break up your matched set! lemme know, i'm prolly not goin' anywhere!

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 31 May 2002 :  05:21:08
Welcome back! Hope you don't have any loose RAM SIMMs up there , we'd all hate to see any Sad Mac codes from you.

g4from128k

------------
-- The Liberated: PB 190cs, Outbound 2030E, Performa 450
-- The Originals: 128k, Mac II
-- The Contraband: 7585e & 8575G3 FrankenMacs, Pismo PB, G4/450 AGP Tower mit Cinema DisplayGo to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 31 May 2002 :  08:51:33
No wonder you haven't been answering your email!!! Sorry to hear about the accident! Hope you're feeling better!

666th poster and 666th thread-creator
Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Regular Disappear!Go to Top of Page

SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 31 May 2002 :  09:29:50
Hey Marchie-
Glad to hear you're still alive! Hope you're feeling better (and those nurses aren't taking toooo good care of you...) and recover quickly.
BTW, if I understand what happened right, you were on your way to mail off some trade goods? If so, then you were on (semi)-official MLA business, right? You should get a Purple Heart!
Just a thought...
SpaceBoy

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 31 May 2002 :  12:42:18
Welcome back comrade!

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:18
ENTER THROUGH THE GATESGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 31 May 2002 :  15:04:44
quote:
(and those nurses aren't taking toooo good care of you...)

Yeaaaaaah!!!!!!!

*chants* Go Marchie, Go Marchie!

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

Marchie
Chaplain

USA
911 Posts
Posted - 04 Jun 2002 :  14:39:18
Nursing STUDENTS are better yet... I got a date with one tonight...

Maybe it's the Florence Nightingale effect...*

~Marchie

*see Back To the Future Part I, or any historical (hysterical?) account of her life

~Chaplain Marchie

Holder of the Compact Mac -
-Stick of Justice, with Explodeing CRT head

-Wand of Power with Shocking Flyback Transformer Tip
~~"We are all Mad here"~~Go to Top of Page

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.