Starting Member

USA
6 Posts
Posted - 30 May 2002 :  17:52:06
Quadra 950
Performa/LC 475 (Performa labelled)
Apple 12" 640X480 Trinitron
a few other parts and such

I live in Blacksburg, VA (go to Virginia Tech)...seeing how the Quadra and monitor are pretty heavy...(okay, the Quadra is *really* heavy) I'd be most happy to give this stuff to someone that can pick it up instead of get it shipped. Otherwise, I'd want the reciever to pick up the tab for shipping (of course).

I'd also be willing to part out this stuff, if people need that. I just don't have a use for this stuff, don't have the time to mess with it, and don't want to just leave it at Goodwill so they can scalp people for it. Anyway...details:

Quadra 950:
Has in it a RasterOps 24STV card and a Spigot card of some sort. Both work, but I could never find acceleration drivers for the RasterOps card. Capture drivers I did find though. So while it has nice 24-bit color (at only 640X480), everything draws like molasses. Spigot card has readily available drivers.
It has 40MB of RAM...which fills every slot on the mobo. The HD is 400 or 500MB, I can't remember. There's space for more drives, but the darn thing needs special adapters for the power supply (which I have no extra of). I also do not have the key for the case lock..but since it's not locked it's not too big a deal. The main thing that's kept me from messing with this system further is the lack of a CD-ROM drive. I do have an Asante adapter for the AUUI (?) network port on it that allows for Ethernet cabling to be used.

Performa 475:
I got this with the monitor that's also listed...because buying both was not really more expensive than just getting a monitor on eBay. I got the monitor so I could work with the Quadra and other old Macs. It's got a 160MB HD, Asante Ethernet card, and all the RAM banks filled (12MB RAM).

The monitor is in good condition. A tiny hair of a crack in the case by one corner of the screen...also, it's fixed-sync 640X480, so it seems to be useful for old Macs only.

I also have a Diamond 56k modem (serial), a CH Flightstick Pro (ADB), an Apple ADB kb and mouse (the small KB and the squarish mouse), a beat up SCSI Zip drive, and a SyQuest drive in a 3.5" SCSI enclosure (which someone gave me, I've never used it).

I'll keep the monitor and basic input devices until I get rid of both Macs...since otherwise I can't power them up for anything.

anyway, email me at cmayer@vt.edu if you're interested in anything to work out details or whatnot

again, I'd most prefer someone who can just drive off with this stuff...since I could just as easily drop it at a thrift store or dumpster (but I have moral qualms about wasting good computer parts).

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 30 May 2002 :  20:38:42
I'm interested in the Q950, the 56k modem, and the zip drive. I'm staking a preliminary claim! Email to come...

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ 68k Macs liberated: 3}
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

VTHobbes
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts
Posted - 30 May 2002 :  20:59:38
Figured I'd post an update to this...

Nobody as of yet has been able to pick stuff up...but for shipping things, so far:

Quadra is spoken for...plus another wanting it, plus parts wanted.

475 is spoken for.

The drives and modem are also spoken for....and I have someone who wants anything that's left over too.

So...I figure I'll give it till the end of the weekend for someone who can/will come to Blacksburg, Va (where the weather is on crack all year) to contact me, otherwise I'll get started on shipping arrangements.

On another note...dang you guys are fast. Glad I could find people that could use this stuff.

Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 31 May 2002 :  10:40:13
I'm SOT OF interested in the monitor... Is it color?

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 31 May 2002 :  18:33:25
Oh, we're fast if it's free!

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ 68k Macs liberated: 3}
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

VTHobbes
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts
Posted - 31 May 2002 :  19:18:51
It's color... http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=112514 is the specs (if that doesn't work for some reason, it's an "AppleColor High Resolution RGB Monitor" ... I guess model *numbers* weren't in style yet).

Go to Top of Page

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 31 May 2002 :  19:31:12
Man I really wanted that Zip Drive.

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:18
ENTER THROUGH THE GATESGo to Top of Page

maclady
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts
Posted - 31 May 2002 :  19:41:18
If you still have the modem I would be interested in that, but it would have to be shipped. We live in Washington state.

The older Macs are a lot like quality time, thoughtful people and a good nights sleep.Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 03 Jun 2002 :  18:01:18
Well, seeing as the monitor IS color, I'll email you to find out what shippin will be, because I can't pick up... I'll make it easier on you though, seeing as I don't want it shipped to my house. I want it for this non-profit organization in St. Louis that works with the inner city kids. Well... I'll get a emailin...

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.