All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 Anyone want a Portrait Display?
Author Topic  
GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 29 May 2002 :  17:05:13
In addition to my massive haul of compact Macs earlier today, I also saw at the Swap Shop a Mac Portrait Display. I left right before closing, so it's still at the Swap Shop now, but I have no use for it - it requires a special cable and video card, which aren't with the unit and which I don't happen to have.

If I could grab the unit, would anyone be interested in trading me something for it? RAM and Ethernet cards are particularly needed, but if you have something interesting, let me know. (I have no clue what this would be worth to any of you...)

I live in the Toronto, ON, area, postal code M5S 2E5, if anyone wants to calculate shipping.

GORDOOM
Commander, Academic Operations Reserve
(University of Toronto, St. George Campus)
total Macs liberated: 19
(as of May 29, 2002)

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

alcoa

Albania
543 Posts
Posted - 29 May 2002 :  18:05:43
quote:

I also saw at the Swap Shop a Mac Portrait Display. I left right before closing, so it's still at the Swap Shop now, but I have no use for it - it requires a special cable and video card, which aren't with the unit and which I don't happen to have.

if you've still got your 475, you have the perfect PortraitMac! (actually the 605 MicroQuadra FeetsMac is THE perfect PortraitMac, but the 475's darn close!) there are adapters available for a standard cable. Grab it and ENJOY, comrade! and congrats on the haul, someday i'll get my own /30 too!

jt

=8-}

p.s. when verizon gets the DSL connection back online i've gotta finalize the deal on a Radius FPD from my last eBay excursion! the interface for my original SE/Radius 16 came in the other day and i should have piccies up of my DREAM SYSTEM from back in the day! (circa Illustrator 88! )

Edited by - alcoa on 29 May 2002 18:07:18Go to Top of Page

GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 29 May 2002 :  19:20:01
OK... so where exactly do I get this adapter that lets me plug a Portrait Display into a DB-15 monitor port? Keep in mind, starving student here...

GORDOOM
(as of May 29, 2002)

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 29 May 2002 :  19:44:05
I would like to have a native mac monitor so that I won't have to use that stupid Mac to VGA adaptor that I am using now. Look into my thread somwhere down the Trading Post page and email me if you see anything there you want to trade for it.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 29 May 2002 :  20:41:25
quote:

OK... so where exactly do I get this adapter that lets me plug a Portrait Display into a DB-15 monitor port? Keep in mind, starving student here...

DSL is back up so i locked that albanian imposter in the basement again!

couldn't find the link alcoa mentioned, but this is the kind of connector you wand on the Portrait end:

http://store.yahoo.com/cablesonline/613tohdmsvga.html

if you can't get the proper cable one of these will work one way or another. i'll check the pinouts when i get a chance, but i'll bet one of these cables and a 10 (?) switch Mac-VGA adapter would run any monitor ever made with that crazy 13W3M connector.

there are a bunch of Sun 13W3M Video cables in a box in my favorite (only one remaining in NYC) liberation source downtown. grab that display and i'll glom a pile of sun cables to hack, i'm going anyway cuz i'm gonna have to build a 13W3M to DB-9 (i think it's 13W3M anyhoo) for my Radius FPD/SE interface combo soon anyway.

some comrade in aus (flash?) had an extra (Apple original?) cable that might still be available too!

portraits ROCK! they throw out a lotta RFI, but there's no better way to see text!

jt . .

Go to Top of Page

GORDOOM

Canada
208 Posts
Posted - 07 Jun 2002 :  09:05:35
For the record, I've decided to hang on to the display after all... but I have a good deal of other stuff to get rid of. And I do want that adapter, if someone has it.

Please refer to my thread in the Trading Post:

Time for some spring cleaning

GORDOOM
(as of May 29, 2002)

"...the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.