All Forums
 68k Peripherals
 Performa 631CD Video and FM Radio
Author Topic  
seven
Starting Member

11 Posts
Posted - 28 May 2002 :  21:45:13
I'm thinking of getting the video input card and the radio tuner cards, what I want to know is if I but the video card, can I get the radio card later or are they only available in a set? Also, if I get the video card, assuming that it is brand new in the box, does it come with a remote control? I see on eBay that there are a few video cards up for bid but none that have the radio card included. Should I just wait for one to come up?

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 28 May 2002 :  22:37:40
I don't think you can have both in at the same time, if you need a remote I have one I will sell you just give me a price.

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:18
ENTER THROUGH THE GATESGo to Top of Page

maclover5
LC Doctor/Hot Rodder

Australia
5830 Posts
Posted - 29 May 2002 :  02:33:27
Actually, the TV/FM card goes into the TV tuner bay. However, i would not suggest getting it for your system, as I believe that the TV/FM tuner software is PPC only, but i am not sure.

--------------------------

Pizzabox LCs RULE!!!!!!!

Warrior maclover5
68k Macintosh Liberation Army

Number of 68ks Liberated: 6
Go to Top of Page

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 03 Jun 2002 :  18:26:49
I have a TV tuner and Video in card for my 638CD the software actually comes on the original performa CD even if it doesn't include the card, but I didn't see anything for the FM tuner, I don't think this was available until the Performa 5400/6400 I'm not sure though.

I imagine the TV/FM card would still work as TV tuner if the FM software is indeed PPC only but that seems unlikely to me. However the TV tuners seem much easier to find than the combined FM ones.

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 03 Jun 2002 :  18:54:56
quote:

I imagine the TV/FM card would still work as TV tuner if the FM software is indeed PPC only but that seems unlikely to me. However the TV tuners seem much easier to find than the combined FM ones.

have you got the part numbers and/or links to pics & docs online for id purposes?

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

Gothikon

Australia
537 Posts
Posted - 03 Jun 2002 :  22:26:37
Do you mean for the TV Tuner and Video in card? Unfortunately they are in the UK and I am in Aus. back home I also have the MPEG decoder card.

If you mean the TV/FM tuner I don't have one unfortunately. The only time I ever see the TV/FM seems to be in 5500 auctions

Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.